FZ330 on Panasonic UK ebay shop - £299.99

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
saudidave Senior Member • Posts: 1,990
FZ330 on Panasonic UK ebay shop - £299.99

For anyone who is interested in the UK, Panasonic have the FZ330 (Refurbished) on their ebay shop for £299.99; 3 of them are available as I post.

I've had several cameras from that source and apart from the occasional tatty box, they are indistinguishable from new and are complete with new accessories, manuals and a 12 months guarantee. Great value

Dave

saudidave's gear list:saudidave's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +1 more
rolandb
rolandb Senior Member • Posts: 2,748
Re: FZ330 on Panasonic UK ebay shop - £299.99

saudidave wrote:

For anyone who is interested in the UK, Panasonic have the FZ330 (Refurbished) on their ebay shop for £299.99; 3 of them are available as I post.

I've had several cameras from that source and apart from the occasional tatty box, they are indistinguishable from new and are complete with new accessories, manuals and a 12 months guarantee. Great value

Dave

Dave, I've just picked up a mint 330 off of EBay for £245.

Looking forward to getting to grips with it. Any hints , tips  advice on 'best settings' for the camera would be welcome

Roland.

rolandb's gear list:rolandb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Olympus TG-5
Labe
Labe Veteran Member • Posts: 9,813

You could have bought it new for £399 last week and claimed £100 cash back . That offer has finished but £50 cash back still available so why buy 2nd hand .

Labe's gear list:Labe's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 Sony Alpha NEX-3 Olympus E-M1 Sony a5000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
davesurrey Senior Member • Posts: 1,299

Hi Roland,

Looks like you've been on a buying spree just now. An LX100 and now an FZ330. Enjoy.

If you Google "graham houghton" you'll find he gives a lot of setup advice on his website plus several youtube videos plus he's written a very good manual. Plus cameraergononics has his setup pages as well.

davesurrey's gear list:davesurrey's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon Coolpix A Panasonic FZ1000 +18 more
OP saudidave Senior Member • Posts: 1,990

Labe wrote:

You could have bought it new for £399 last week and claimed £100 cash back . That offer has finished but £50 cash back still available so why buy 2nd hand .

First of all they aren’t 2nd hand, so get your facts right. Secondly they may well have had £100 cash back last week but they don’t now do they?

OP saudidave Senior Member • Posts: 1,990

rolandb wrote:

saudidave wrote:

Dave

Dave, I've just picked up a mint 330 off of EBay for £245.

Looking forward to getting to grips with it. Any hints , tips advice on 'best settings' for the camera would be welcome

Roland.

Roland, l was just letting UK forum members know about them. I’ve never owned one, in fact I’ve recently defected to Sony for my compact camera needs as I’ve lost confidence in Panasonic QC, following multiple posts regarding it and the failure of my TZ200 after only a year.

As davesurrey suggested, Graham Houghton is the FZ330 guru. I went on a photo walk with Graham in Manchester last month and he and 3 others on the walk were using them. He’s a splendid chap with enormous photographic experience and knowledge

Dave

Labe
Labe Veteran Member • Posts: 9,813

saudidave wrote:

Labe wrote:

First of all they aren’t 2nd hand, so get your facts right. Secondly they may well have had £100 cash back last week but they don’t now do they?

What do you think a refurbished camera is, they are usually returned cameras making them 2nd hand by definition.

Labe's gear list:Labe's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 Sony Alpha NEX-3 Olympus E-M1 Sony a5000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
rolandb
rolandb Senior Member • Posts: 2,748
Reply to Dave & Dave,,

My thanks to Dave & Saudidave for the info,,

As always guys a great help.

Roland.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rolandb52/

"" I'm a snap-shooter! I shoot anything that interest me. Sometimes, I get lucky and some of my snap-shots turn into a photograph.""

rolandb's gear list:rolandb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Olympus TG-5
NextShowForSure Contributing Member • Posts: 637

saudidave wrote:

Labe wrote:

First of all they aren’t 2nd hand, so get your facts right. Secondly they may well have had £100 cash back last week but they don’t now do they?

Refurbished is a bit vague but could mean reconditioned or even tidied up. You may get a new item if you are lucky and they are dumping surplus stock or an apparently working return which may not have had a complete overhaul, but will one returned for a decentered lens have been checked and manufacturing tolerances are pretty fluid in their interpretation in this respect?. Seems more likely that the chances are higher of getting a user rejected peripheral standard item.

My new FZ330 is showing a 2 year guarantee after registration and does a refurbished model have a 2 year warranty? I have boosted it up with a 2 year John Lewis insurance so hopefully there is a good chance it might make 2 years. 

Prefer new myself and luckily was in time for the £100 but £50 still seems a good deal.

NextShowForSure's gear list:NextShowForSure's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Fujifilm X-A3 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +3 more
Isola Verde
Isola Verde Veteran Member • Posts: 9,227
Re: Reply to Dave & Dave,,

Looking forward to reading your "improvement on the FZ200" thoughts!

Peter

Isola Verde's gear list:Isola Verde's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 +10 more
Martin Ocando
MOD Martin Ocando Veteran Member • Posts: 6,290

Labe wrote:

saudidave wrote:

Labe wrote:

What do you think a refurbished camera is, they are usually returned cameras making them 2nd hand by definition.

I think what you mean is customer refurbished.

As I understand, manufacturer refurbished (which is the case of the one discussed here) are either products that didn't pass the initial quality control and are sent back to the production line for check/replacement of components, re-tested, and once they are approved are sold back with a full warranty, like they were new, but usually on an unmarked box, or the box clearly says "Manufacturer Refurbished" or something like that. Or they were actually sold but returned soon after because of a failure, so they are back for repair and passed through the QA process as a new product, cleaned and re-packaged.

I've purchased several refurbished items in the past, and can't really complain about any of them. They all have been like new. I think is a pretty valid way of saving a lot of money.

-- hide signature --

Martin
"One of the biggest mistakes a photographer can make is to look at the real world and cling to the vain hope that next time his film will somehow bear a closer resemblance to it" - Galen Rowell

Martin Ocando's gear list:Martin Ocando's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +10 more
Jon_T
Jon_T Veteran Member • Posts: 4,346

NextShowForSure wrote:

<SNIP>

Prefer new myself and luckily was in time for the £100 but £50 still seems a good deal.

DITTO; except with Canon MFG. Refurbished camera body/ lenses as they come with the Canon 1-year warranty.

Majority of other Refurbished camera body/ lenses usually come with a 90-day warranty.

Cheers,
Jon

Jon_T's gear list:Jon_T's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic ZS100 Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads