Jobs at dpreview.com
Marketing Manager, Digital Photography Review
Digital Photography Review (DPReview.com) is seeking a talented, passionate, and creative marketing professional to help us plan and distribute our photography and technology content widely and efficiently. You will use our rare position in the industry as world's most popular digital camera website to build connections between audiences and the content, services, and tools on DPReview that have made it such a success.
As a Marketing Manager for DPReview, you will take a leadership position in building our overall brand and content marketing strategy: mapping audiences to editorial and sponsored content verticals, crafting a marketing project portfolio to broadly distribute that content, and implementing smart analytics to track your progress. You will work closely with and across Editorial, Product, Business Development, Engineering, and Sales teams to find opportunities for relevant marketing initiatives, and build out strategies and materials to address them. This role requires an analytical marketer with a strong sense for the evolving state of online publishing and content consumption.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify internal and 3rd party research needs to inform overall marketing strategy
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and grow the depth and breadth of our community
- Work with DPReview Editorial, internal Amazon and vendor marketing teams to optimize SEO, SEM, retargeting and other channels to drive engagement and achieve conversion goals;
- Craft, run, and optimize distribution campaigns that deliver quality audience from on-site native placements, external social channels, and distribution networks for branded content and other content-led ad products.
- Lead and support research projects and invent materials to help internal teams better understand audience trends across the web/mobile publishing industry.
- Define and document our publishing landscape, brand messaging, and core market differentiation; ensure positioning is consistently filtered through all channels of communications, internal & external (e.g. Editorial, sales materials, website, PR & external briefings, etc.).
- Advise editorial, production and design teams on methodologies for both onsite promotion and social media channels.
- Design and execute creative social campaigns to support major editorial projects and launches.
- 5 years' experience in product marketing, content marketing, product management or product development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related discipline.
- A strong analytical mindset and familiarity with tools like Omniture, Google Analytics, and A/B testing platforms.
- Experience driving product positioning development
- A good knowledge of web standards such as HTML will be a bonus
- An innate understanding of the subjects and content types that resonate best with photography, consumer electronics, and tech audiences on web & mobile content sites and social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Market Intelligence — know our target audience, what they read, share, and why; keep tabs of the industry trends, the market influencers, and the general ecosystem of photography and tech content.
- Experience running social media in content publishing or for a brand; journalism experience is a bonus.
- Building and executing creative social campaigns to support major editorial projects and launches.
- Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to try different things with minimal direction
- Analytical thinking abilities shown to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
Software Development Engineer - Web & Mobile
Digital Photography Review (DPReview.com) is seeking a talented, passionate, and creative engineer to help us build the future of the world's most popular digital camera website. You will leverage our unique position in the industry to constantly strive for smarter and better ways to deliver the content, services, and tools that have made it such a success.
Your core focus will be to build the next generation of web and mobile experiences for DPReview.com. This includes shopping and comparison tools for photographic gear, community and social features focused on photography enthusiasts, and other special projects on the roadmap.
While a part of Amazon, DPReview has its own unique culture. It's a startup-like environment backed by an industry leader. Engineers will have an opportunity to partner with our in-house product management and editorial teams to help shape projects from concept to delivery.
If you're looking for an opportunity to be a part of a small, lean team that'll work across the stack on a variety of interesting problems, then this is it!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Some design and / or UX experience a big plus
- Proficient in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
- Strong problem solving skills and computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Experience with REST and other web service models
Would you like to write for dpreview?
We are currently recruiting freelance writers and bloggers to expand dpreview's coverage of photography to encompass everything from video editing to camera accessories to composition and lighting technique. You don't need to be a professional writer or previously published, but you do need to be able to show you're able to produce work to our incredibly high standards. We're specifically looking for people who can write in an engaging and authoritative manner on the following topics (or you can suggest your own):
- Photo technique
- Accessory reviews
- Software technique
- Accessory reviews and roundups
- Software reviews and roundups
- Book reviews
- Printers and printing technique
- Video/movie capture (technique, technology, reviews)
- Photographer profiles and interviews
- Tips for aspiring professionals
- Opinion pieces
In return we can guarantee you competitive payment rates and/or unrivalled exposure on the world's busiest digital photography website and SEO-friendly links to your own websites.
- To apply please use our feedback form with a short description of yourself, your qualifications and the areas where you'd be interesting in contributing.
- Include links to examples of your work.
- Tell us what the first 2 or 3 articles you would like to write would be.