canon support code: 300 pixma pro 100 will not print files

Started Feb 12, 2016 | Discussions
redsox Veteran Member • Posts: 3,103
canon support code: 300 pixma pro 100 will not print files

My canon pixma pro 100 has been working fine printing as a component in my home wife network for well over a year. Tonight I tried to print and I get an error "Support Code : 300 The printer does not respond. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer."

Google and search of preview forums have so far not turned up a solution. The printer is plugged in and the blue wifi icon on the front of the printer is glowing. I have internet connection on my iMac (been using 10.11.2 for a couple of months with no issue) and macbook air, and in fact could scan from a second small epson printer to my computer using my wifi. I have tried deleting the printer in preferences and adding it again, and turned off my wifi and back on again. no luck. cannot send a file to the printer.

Any suggestions for a non-sophisticated technology user?

Thanks,

Kevin

-- hide signature --
Olympus Air
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Turbguy1
Turbguy1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,259
Re: canon support code: 300 pixma pro 100 will not print files

I would first try a direct USB connection if possible,to assure the printer can be detected at all.

Also, give the printer a full power cycle (turned off, unplugged for and hour, re-plugged, turned on)...

-- hide signature --
 Turbguy1's gear list:Turbguy1's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Nikon D300 +3 more
John_Hoffman
John_Hoffman Senior Member • Posts: 1,533

If that doesn't work I have read online that sometimes the error is generated by a situation where the printer senses an empty ink cartridge but that hasn't been communicated via wifi back to the computer.

Open the cover and see if any inks are blinking.

John_Hoffman's gear list:John_Hoffman's gear list
Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200 F4 II
Vernon D Rainwater Forum Pro • Posts: 13,918

redsox wrote:

My canon pixma pro 100 has been working fine printing as a component in my home wife network for well over a year. Tonight I tried to print and I get an error "Support Code : 300 The printer does not respond. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer."

Google and search of preview forums have so far not turned up a solution. The printer is plugged in and the blue wifi icon on the front of the printer is glowing. I have internet connection on my iMac (been using 10.11.2 for a couple of months with no issue) and macbook air, and in fact could scan from a second small epson printer to my computer using my wifi. I have tried deleting the printer in preferences and adding it again, and turned off my wifi and back on again. no luck. cannot send a file to the printer.

Thanks,

Kevin

I have no experience using Mac. However, suggest you check to see if there is a print job in the print Queue which (when using a PC) can cause similar issues as discussed. All of my printers are Epson and all connected using USB Ports and Cables.

Using PC and Windows 7 Pro 64 bit -- open as follows: Start, Control Panel, Devices and Printers, click on the proper printer, then view the caption "Documents in Queue" and if other than 0 -- double click and Cancel all printing to clear the Queue. I list this for PC even though you are on a Mac.

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

OP redsox Veteran Member • Posts: 3,103

Thanks to all responses. I have tried the suggested solutions and still get the same code. Printer and computer are not communicating over my home wifi network. Insult to injury, I cannot find manual and/or CD that (may have) come with printer, so I don't know how to start setup from scratch.

-- hide signature --
Turbguy1
Turbguy1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,259

So the printer is not detected via a direct USB connection?

-- hide signature --
 Turbguy1's gear list:Turbguy1's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Nikon D300 +3 more
OP redsox Veteran Member • Posts: 3,103
finally overcame the error 300

redsox wrote:

Thanks,

Kevin

Thank you all for responses and help. I finally did haul my computer downstairs to my printer and LAN router since so I could connect via USB as turbguy suggested. I also finally found my canon setup CD after a full day of looking throughout the house (usually all this type of material is one place, but I had "cleverly" moved this CD to a "better" location).

After attempting several different solutions, I deleted the printer and reinstalled as a new printer using the CD and updating drivers and making sure compatible with latest mac OS (link per John_H) etc. So computer & printer now communicating.

Thanks again for support.

Kevin

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads