Upgrade body? Lenses? or Both? Canon 70 vs 6d Mii

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alec Lovely New Member • Posts: 7
Upgrade body? Lenses? or Both? Canon 70 vs 6d Mii

Hey all, 
Amateur/weekend warrior/traveller here. I've had my Canon 70D for around 2 years, and it's been good to me. I use the stock 18-135mm with mixed results, and have a 50mm 1.8 that I really enjoy, but the crop sensor does make it a little difficult to shoot street photos or in 'dense' areas. Anyhow - here is my situation:

1) Do I keep my 70D body and add a EF 17-40mm 4.0 ($650) and a 70-200mm 4.0 ($550)?

2) Do I upgrade to a 6D Mark ii ($1750, with battery grip bonus) and add a single lens somewhere in $400-600 price range?

3) Or, do I pick up some overtime shifts and get both the lenses and the 6D Mark ii while selling my 70D set-up for $800(ish)?

For option 3, the entire cost would be around $2300, assuming I sell my 70D for a reasonable price.

I'm very tempted to buy the full-frame. I'm leaving for a trip to South America in the fall and intend to use my camera daily for wildlife and landscape primarily, and then everything in between. It looks like there are solid sales on right now!

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Alec

Alec Lovely's gear list:Alec Lovely's gear list
Canon EOS 70D
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow