Underexposing concern 6d w/ 24-105L

Started Oct 6, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Criv80 New Member • Posts: 3
Underexposing concern 6d w/ 24-105L

Hi all, First time posting but have been lurking for quite some time.

I've recently bought a 6d to go full frame after selling my 70d. I have been shooting with the 6d since July trying to adjust to the new camera and settings.

I am having one strange issue and was wondering if anyone may have experienced the same? When I shoot with the kit 24-105L lens, I notice very unpredictable exposure metering where everything seems to be under exposed based on the in camera reflective metering suggestions. It doesn't matter what metering mode I use or what setting, M, AV, TV etc. the end result is dark or missed shots at events and sessions. It doesn't happen every time, but only in contrasting light/dark scenarios. I never noticed this issue with any other canon DSLR camera I've owned.

Now, if I switch lenses to any other lenses I own, I do not notice this concern and all images seem to be properly exposed based off the in camera meters recommendations. My other lenses consist of the old nifty 50, canon 85 f1.8 and canon 70-200 f2.8 IS II.

I originally thought maybe the 24-105 lens had a flaw so I returned it and got another brand new one. Same issue still present. I read someone that maybe there is a software issue that the camera cannot read the reflecting metering properly though the 24-105 glass. My other thought was some type of general metering issue.

I do know this is tough without picture examples or histograms to see, so I will try and post a few tonight when I get back home.

Thanks all for your time in reading this long post. If I left anything out, please ask and I'll address any other experience or explanation I may have forgotten to add.

-Craig

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow