R6 video, Av mode ?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
dmartin92
dmartin92 Senior Member • Posts: 2,291
R6 video, Av mode ?

Probably if I searched around for awhile I could find the answer to this question. Please forgive me for just simply asking it.

One minor disappointment with my 6D is that when shooting video there is no Av mode. To get the background blurred it can still be done, a bit, but the easiest way, Av mode and a wide aperture, is not available.

I read in the forums that the higher level Canon DSLRs don’t have this limitation.

How is it with the R6 ? Can you shoot video in Av mode with the R6 ?

dmartin92's gear list:dmartin92's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +6 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Southstorm
Southstorm Forum Member • Posts: 52
Re: R6 video, Av mode ?

My understanding is that it will do Auto, or Full Manual, with the option of Auto ISO.

No Av mode specifically for video .

Southstorm's gear list:Southstorm's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +11 more
lawny13 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,095

Southstorm wrote:

My understanding is that it will do Auto, or Full Manual, with the option of Auto ISO.

Which is generally not an issue right? You typically want to set your shutter speed yourself (double the frame rate), and aperture, with auto ISO to keep the same exposure.

Typically I wouldn’t want the camera doing auto shutter or auto aperture. But I am no expert.

dmartin92
OP dmartin92 Senior Member • Posts: 2,291

lawny13 wrote:

Southstorm wrote:

Which is generally not an issue right? You typically want to set your shutter speed yourself (double the frame rate), and aperture, with auto ISO to keep the same exposure.

Typically I wouldn’t want the camera doing auto shutter or auto aperture. But I am no expert.

The shutter speed and aperture, sure, I guess so ... but the autofocus, that's what I want. Even more so if the subject is a person moving around a bit, and there is a limited DOF.

Or maybe I can shoot in manual and still have the autofocus ?

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +6 more
lawny13 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,095

dmartin92 wrote:

lawny13 wrote:

Southstorm wrote:

The shutter speed and aperture, sure, I guess so ... but the autofocus, that's what I want. Even more so if the subject is a person moving around a bit, and there is a limited DOF.

Or maybe I can shoot in manual and still have the autofocus ?

Manual settings... AF will still work. Just make sure you keep the switch to AF and not MF of course.

But be sure you have the AF mode set to face/eye tracking and it will follow a subject’s eye around the frame.

dmartin92
OP dmartin92 Senior Member • Posts: 2,291

thanks for this info.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads