So I sold it,

Started Nov 10, 2018 | Discussions
bjzwaan
bjzwaan Contributing Member • Posts: 964
So I sold it,

my good old X-Pro1.

I wasn't intending to, but I was picked in a readers panel for the Dutch photo magazine 'Focus' to test the XT3 (there will be a piece on it one of the upcoming issues). I knew that was a dangerous thing to do, but I tremendously enjoyed it especially working with a model in a studio. Dangerous, because it was such a huge improvement in terms of handling that I fully fell for the camera instantly.

So, the coming period I will take my time to think about the black or silver version, and most importantly, what lens I will pick to come with it. I have the Zeiss 32mm already and at the test panel day I used the Fuji 50mm a lot. What a great little lens that is! So I am leaning towards that now, but the 23mm also appealed to me. Or should I wait for the 16-80mm to arrive. As I have a Ricoh GR2 which I like a lot, I guess it is fair to consider me a prime person.

Am I overlooking a lens? Any advice welcome.

Cheers,

Bas

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
guzzi850m2 Regular Member • Posts: 328
Re: So I sold it,

Traitor haha.

I never part with my Xpro1, never, served me well in Rome in August with the 18-55mm.

Lenses, well only you can answer that question, what do you photograph?

I am very interested in the upcoming 16-80mm as travel lens.

guzzi850m2's gear list:guzzi850m2's gear list
Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
Sjak
Sjak Senior Member • Posts: 5,879

Sometimes it can be refreshing to get rid of stuff and purchase new things

Sjak's gear list:Sjak's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm X-T1 Pentax K100D Leica M-Monochrom Pentax K10D +1 more
(unknown member) Contributing Member • Posts: 832

selling my X-Pro1, no way! Out of the question. Why? Because it’s still a fantastic camera and great image quality.

The X-T3, i tested it shortly is nice, so the X-Pro3, when it comes, will be great.

Wishing you good light with this fine camera and the choice of lenses is personal and depends also from what you like to shoot  For me it’s The 18, 35 1.4 and the 60mm. On my other X-Pro1, why resists when prices are so low, mostly the 27mm.

Just wondering, why not buy a (secondhand) X-Pro2?

My third camera is a Sony A7 (you should try that one 😁)

bjzwaan
OP bjzwaan Contributing Member • Posts: 964

guzzi850m2 wrote:

Traitor haha.

I never part with my Xpro1, never, served me well in Rome in August with the 18-55mm.

Lenses, well only you can answer that question, what do you photograph?

I am very interested in the upcoming 16-80mm as travel lens.

Traitor, yes it feels a bit like that :(. As others in this thread wondered, why sell? Well my experience is that once I want/acquire a new camera I rarely go back to the previous one. So it is still a very worthy camera, for sure, but why should it be locked up in a cupboard, where it does not collect dust, but is not put to good use either. So, I reason, let somebody else use and enjoy it for a reasonable price.

Yes, I realise that which lens depends on what you shoot (examples below), but at the same time a new lens can also be seen as a new challenge. For instance, use the 90mm for landscape or street shooting. Maybe I should just by the XT3 with the 18-55mm kit, but then when the 16-80 tuns out to be great (which I expect) it probably will not get much use. Size wise the latter is "fatter" but not longer if one can believe the pictures that are going around on the internet.

Cheers,

Bas

In honour of the X-Pro1

Batdude
Batdude Veteran Member • Posts: 5,092

Sjak wrote:

And then you end up regretting it 😪

It is guaranteed that the OP wont miss the POOR AF in the Xpro1 but the IQ probably yes.

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
bjzwaan

Batdude wrote:

Sjak wrote:

And then you end up regretting it 😪

It is guaranteed that the OP wont miss the POOR AF in the Xpro1 but the IQ probably yes.

You may be right, but for me the only camera for which that has been true is the Olympus E-1. The colours were somehow "special".

Will report on my experience once I have bought a new camera.

Greetings,

Bas

Bob Tullis
MOD Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 40,020

So, you're saying, essentially, "The King is Dead. Long Live the King!"

Yes?

The X-P to come may well turn out to render the X-T3 be the perfect companion.   It's all good.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
http://www.bobtullis.com

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T4
bjzwaan

Bob Tullis wrote:

So, you're saying, essentially, "The King is Dead. Long Live the King!"

Yes?

The X-P to come may well turn out to render the X-T3 be the perfect companion. It's all good.

Something like that may well capture how I feel yes ;).

Bas

captura Forum Pro • Posts: 27,478

plaatje wrote:

selling my X-Pro1, no way! Out of the question. Why? Because it’s still a fantastic camera and great image quality.

The X-T3, i tested it shortly is nice, so the X-Pro3, when it comes, will be great.

Wishing you good light with this fine camera and the choice of lenses is personal and depends also from what you like to shoot For me it’s The 18, 35 1.4 and the 60mm. On my other X-Pro1, why resists when prices are so low, mostly the 27mm.

Just wondering, why not buy a (secondhand) X-Pro2?

My third camera is a Sony A7 (you should try that one 😁)

My first camera is a Sony A7, and I use mostly adapted Canon lenses. I'm sure you have discovered that with the updates, it performs quite adequately.

I have an aging (but good)  Sony NEX-7 with several APS-C Sony lenses. I am waiting for the rumored "A7000" which has been touted as being equal to or better than the XT-3. I am skeptical as to whether this A7000 might be a nonsensical creation of the Rumor Mills, but now they are saying, early next year.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Sony a7 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM +3 more
bs1946
bs1946 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,548

Keep that Zeiss 32mm; it's a fantastic lens. It was the lens I used on my X-T2 the most. Number two was a Voigtlander Super-Wide II 15mm f4.5 Heliar; another great lens. But, I sold everything and my only camera now is my X100F.

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/wrs1946
instagram.com@billschaffel
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.”
– Henri Cartier-Bresson -

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Sjak

Talking about the Zeiss 32mm, is it also (sort of) WR?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm X-T1 Pentax K100D Leica M-Monochrom Pentax K10D +1 more
lewiedude2
lewiedude2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,085

Sjak wrote:

Electronics and technology do that to ya!

lewiedude2's gear list:lewiedude2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
bjzwaan
  1. bs1946 wrote:

Keep that Zeiss 32mm; it's a fantastic lens. It was the lens I used on my X-T2 the most. Number two was a Voigtlander Super-Wide II 15mm f4.5 Heliar; another great lens. But, I sold everything and my only camera now is my X100F.

Oh yeah, that one stays. It is indeed great. Not weather sealed though and on our Kungsleden hike in Swedish Lapland (last picture) I had to be careful. But using the PeakDesign "jacket" for both really worked well.

Greetings,

Bas

biza43 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,321

the X-Pro1 came out when, 2012? So no wonder that you found that the X-T3 is a lot faster for studio work.

Different shooting experience though.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com
http://blog.paulobizarro.com/

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +1 more
bs1946
bs1946 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,548

Sjak wrote:

No it is not WR.. It's the same age as the Fuji 35mm f1.4, before WR was around and all of you found out you couldn't live without it.

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/wrs1946
instagram.com@billschaffel
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.”
– Henri Cartier-Bresson -

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Sjak

bs1946 wrote:

Sjak wrote:

No it is not WR.. It's the same age as the Fuji 35mm f1.4, before WR was around and all of you found out you couldn't live without it.

O I can live without, but it's also a convenience (and the reason I have the Fuji 35 2.0) when going to e.g. Scotland on summer vacation 

If the Zeiss would have WR, it would make the decision replace the 35 2.0 with the Zeiss. (I'm don't want to buy a 3rd AF-lens for the Fuji.)

Bob Tullis
MOD Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 40,020

Sjak wrote:

bs1946 wrote:

Sjak wrote:

O I can live without, but it's also a convenience (and the reason I have the Fuji 35 2.0) when going to e.g. Scotland on summer vacation

If one can, why not?

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
http://www.bobtullis.com

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T4
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads