rx100m6, The Greatest Showman

Started Jul 27, 2018 | Discussions
elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 16,658
rx100m6, The Greatest Showman

took Ben and Cooper to see this awesome movie, in a performing arts theater, we sat in the balcony,

I zoomed 200mm, so f4.5 which I know is sharper, so, how could the camera handle low light handheld shots with higher ISO?

I decided to set it to P and zoom and shoot, find out. At some point I changed aspect ratio to widescreen.

did I forget to say, Jpeg, OOC, zero PP, this is what you get from it's in-camera IS and NR.

I want one, with an EVF diopter lever that doesn't move.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1 Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI +1 more
OP elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 16,658
Re: rx100m6, The Greatest Showman

I, me, shaky me, handheld 1/8th second???

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1 Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI +1 more
Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 38,946

elliottnewcomb wrote:

took Ben and Cooper to see this awesome movie, in a performing arts theater, we sat in the balcony,

I zoomed 200mm, so f4.5 which I know is sharper, so, how could the camera handle low light handheld shots with higher ISO?

I decided to set it to P and zoom and shoot, find out. At some point I changed aspect ratio to widescreen.

did I forget to say, Jpeg, OOC, zero PP, this is what you get from it's in-camera IS and NR.

I want one, with an EVF diopter lever that doesn't move.

1st of all too much contrast!

And sorry but you are stuck with the cam! FYI sony may make mod to the evf in the future but will do you no Good! Take it back and wait a while to repurchase. That's why I always say people who buy cams new on the market are beta testers for Sony! Never had a problem with any of my cams waiting a year to purchase them

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
OP elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 16,658

Bill, that's the P setting, in a dark theater, I just let it do it's thing. Cannot really see, using EVF, dark lcd, monitor diopter off kilter.

These are mostly ISO 6,400, I find that very encouraging regarding purposely using a smaller aperture to get better corners. And, me, blur free at 1/8th sec, the IS is doggone good.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,516

elliottnewcomb wrote:

Bill, that's the P setting, in a dark theater, I just let it do it's thing. Cannot really see, using EVF, dark lcd, monitor diopter off kilter.

These are mostly ISO 6,400, I find that very encouraging regarding purposely using a smaller aperture to get better corners. And, me, blur free at 1/8th sec, the IS is doggone good.

Send the camera back to Sony to get it fixed. Such a thing is unacceptable in a cheap camera and outrageous in a $1200 camera. While I really like the new pop up EVF, it’s a poor design in terms of how it slams up so fast and then how hard it lands into position. The same applies to the 3-5. On my 5 I don’t let it slam up. It's too much of a constant jar to the camera, if nothing else. In the future if I ever need to clean the sensor necessitating me going into the camera, I will try and modify that behavior.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads