Tamron SP 15-30mm

Started Dec 23, 2016 | User reviews
ARClark
ARClark Veteran Member • Posts: 3,994
Re: Tamron SP 15-30mm

Exchange the lens if you still can or follow up with Tamron to have it fixed.

ARClark's gear list:ARClark's gear list
Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +13 more
OP Kazzaz Senior Member • Posts: 1,064

georgo wrote:

Hi,

my 15-30 has a terrible back focus, it is not correctable on a D800, even with -20.

Is this strong backfocus correctable by a Tamron service?
The lens is very sharp when focused through live view, would like to keep it, if the BF can be repaired, I assume this falls under warranty.

too bad to hear that, i did not face thsi issue better to go to tamron service and check with them.

-- hide signature --

500Px - Profile :
https://500px.com/kazzaz

Kazzaz's gear list:Kazzaz's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD
mitulparmar787 Junior Member • Posts: 44

I've found my Tamron, although used on a Canon body, is extremely inconsistent when focusing on a Canon 5D Mark IV. When I focus via live view, it's consistent and extremely sharp, even wide open. I'm going to be sending my lens back to Tamron, under warranty, to see what they can do. I'll keep you posted on whether it improves or not.

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,228
I should have kept mine.

Can't remember why I sold it.

pierred

(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 11,356

mitulparmar787 wrote:

I've found my Tamron, although used on a Canon body, is extremely inconsistent when focusing on a Canon 5D Mark IV. When I focus via live view, it's consistent and extremely sharp, even wide open. I'm going to be sending my lens back to Tamron, under warranty, to see what they can do. I'll keep you posted on whether it improves or not.

Probably needs FW update.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads