Epson R2000 Ink Cart Capacity?

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions
Andrew Curatola Senior Member • Posts: 1,901
Epson R2000 Ink Cart Capacity?

I think my R3000 drop dead on me. So I'm looking to get a R2000. I'm just curious as to what is the capacity of the R2000 ink carts.

Andrew

Andrew Curatola's gear list:Andrew Curatola's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +1 more
MOD xrdbear Veteran Member • Posts: 3,961
Re: Epson R2000 Ink Cart Capacity?

Andrew Curatola wrote:

I think my R3000 drop dead on me. So I'm looking to get a R2000. I'm just curious as to what is the capacity of the R2000 ink carts.

Andrew

In a 15sec search using Bing I got the product page at Epson which says 17ml.

What happened to your R3000?

-- hide signature --

Brian
Fine Art Print sales of the Isle of Skye at:
http://www.eyeofskye.co.uk/

OP Andrew Curatola Senior Member • Posts: 1,901

I lost the use of my Vivid Magenta channel. I'm almost certain it is not a clog. If I do a nozzle check the space on the printout where the Vivid Magenta suppose to be is totally blank. Not even one dash is showing. I did approx. 20 to 25 Head cleaning and the Nozzle Check still shows a blank space where the Vivid Magenta should be.

I cleaned the head, did a flush using the Jon Cone method and the Inkjet Cart method to no avail. I injected cleaning fluid thru Vivid Magenta channel and the cleaning fluid is absorbed on a piece of Scott Towel I have underneath the movable head which I think tells me there is no obstruction in the channel.

I've had the printer 2 years come this June. I've printed out between 5 to 10 - 7" x 10" photos every day for almost 2 years so I got my use out of it.

I have cleaning fluid in the Vivid Magenta channel right now, If by tomorrow I still have the same problem, I'm not going to try and have it repaired I'm just going to throw it out. I got my use out of it so I don't feel bad.

I was thinking of getting a R2000 but it only holds 17m (btw thank you for the info on the 17m cart). I think I'll just get another R3000 even though there are not too many places that still have them. In fact Epson shows out of stock which I think means that they are ready for a new batch of photo printers. BTW, to me the R3000 is a great printer.

Andrew

williamio Contributing Member • Posts: 517

Andrew Curatola wrote:

I lost the use of my Vivid Magenta channel. I'm almost certain it is not a clog. If I do a nozzle check the space on the printout where the Vivid Magenta suppose to be is totally blank. Not even one dash is showing. I did approx. 20 to 25 Head cleaning and the Nozzle Check still shows a blank space where the Vivid Magenta should be.

I cleaned the head, did a flush using the Jon Cone method and the Inkjet Cart method to no avail. I injected cleaning fluid thru Vivid Magenta channel and the cleaning fluid is absorbed on a piece of Scott Towel I have underneath the movable head which I think tells me there is no obstruction in the channel.

I've had the printer 2 years come this June. I've printed out between 5 to 10 - 7" x 10" photos every day for almost 2 years so I got my use out of it.

I have cleaning fluid in the Vivid Magenta channel right now, If by tomorrow I still have the same problem, I'm not going to try and have it repaired I'm just going to throw it out. I got my use out of it so I don't feel bad.

I was thinking of getting a R2000 but it only holds 17m (btw thank you for the info on the 17m cart). I think I'll just get another R3000 even though there are not too many places that still have them. In fact Epson shows out of stock which I think means that they are ready for a new batch of photo printers. BTW, to me the R3000 is a great printer.

Andrew

Have you tried InkRepublic i-Remove kit?

http://www.inkrepublic.com/iRemove.asp

you may want to check with them and see if it does support R3000 printer. This is probably your last resort. Many people here reported their iRemove kits work very well.

For just 2 years of usage, I believe your R3000 is still considered as a "new" printer even you print photos everyday. Just for your reference, I have been using InkRepublic 38XX i-Refill system and their IRK4-nano inks for many many years with excellent result and no problem at all, so I would expect R3000 has the similar life span or longer.

Thank you Williamio for your reply but I think it's more than just a nasty clog. I think something is mechanically wrong within the R3000. I left it overnight with a print head cleaner in the Vivid Magenta channel and on a couple of nozzle checks and cleanings it still shows a totally blank space on the printout where the Vivid Magenta dashes should be, not even one dash.

Thanks again

Andrew

Simon Garrett Veteran Member • Posts: 7,412
Check with Epson

If you're going to buy a new printer, check with Epson.  Don't know about the US, but in many European countries Epson will replace a dead printer with a new one (doesn't have to be the same model) at a considerable discount (more than 1/3 off).  Also, if you describe the problem to Epson they'll tell you if it's worth getting it serviced (and probably give you a fixed price).

-- hide signature --

Simon

Simon Garrett's gear list:Simon Garrett's gear list
Nikon D800
Re: Check with Epson

Simon, thank you for that bit of information I will keep it in my memory bank. As it turned out after 5 more nozzle checks and cleanings my R3000 came to life again which I'm very happy because I have a very high regard for this printer. This by far was the first and worst clog I ever had with this printer in close to 2 years.

Thanks again Simon for your info

Andrew

Petruska Veteran Member • Posts: 9,272
I think it's an air bubble....

Andrew Curatola wrote:

Andrew

It takes a long time to remove an air bubble from the ink feed line.  I just had the same problem with my 1 year old R3000, no VM at all in the nozzle check.  I ran one cleaniing cycle and then did a nozzle check, still zero VM.  Let the printer sit for a day, printed the nozzle check and 100% of the VM printed!

Bob P.

Re: I think it's an air bubble....

Hi Bob, most likely it was an air bubble. I actually thought there was something mechanically wrong with the printer because I did approx 20 to 25 cleanings. I was ready to dump the R3000 and about ready to order the R2000 (I'm really not into B & W printing). I gave it a shot overnight with a print head cleaner in the VM channel and it worked the next morning after 5 more head cleaning the printer became alive again.

Andrew

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads