HP Photosmart 720 review
This is my first D-Camera. As far as I can see makes better pictures than my old 35mm (Yashika zoomate). For instance there is no luma dropoff at the corners of the picture and they come out sharper.
- Batteries (4) do last AGES compared to my Friend's cams and I can run a day when they run 1 hour. Also uses standard AA batteries (you can always find some).
- Brilliant daytime pictures with lots of details (setting ***)
- Decent movie capabilities
- Really Rugged, looks more like the military stuff of D-Cams. This is not for trendy-types.
- I would have appreciated a intermediate resolution between * and **. Also more advanced controls (like aperture) would be a nice addition.
The LCD display is small and a bit slow-fuzzy.
- Problems at night: Shooting in the dark (with flash) seldom results in out of focus pictures. - Shooting in the dark at panoramas with stand and no flash makes often fuzzy&strange coloured pictures (as there is no aperture/esposition regulations all you can do is set to 100Asa equivalent and hope it will come right)
- A bit slow writing to SD card, but I've seen worse (HP 812!)
|Morning At Picture Lake by Buzz Lightyear|
from Dawns first rays
|AT-6 Harvard by jarud|
from Trainer aircraft
|Matterhorn by ewng|