Pentax Optio 33WR review
I was looking for a camera as a back-up for my EOS 300D. I wanted a camera which I could use in all conditions and ended almost naturally with the Optio WR which I could pick up for only 150€.
At first, I found it an ackward, ugly little thing, but now after only one week, I'm completely in love with it (as is my girlfriend.)
The essentials are there: nice picture quality (although it does not compare to my EOS 300D), superb white balance, good exposure. The only thing I would complain about, is quiet a lot of noise at 200 and 400 ISO settings.
All the rest is positive: excellent macro mode (you have to see to believe it!), very nice ergonomics, small but not too small and weather (and water) resistant and shockproof to top it off.
I would recommend the camera to everyone!
Add to my wishing list:
- Optical stabilizer,
- raw mode,
- metal design,
- better noise/signal at high ISO setting
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%