Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 review
I have been using the camera for about a month and am pretty underwhelmed. It's considered to have a bit of "bling" among other professionals but I am not overly impressed.
I like the 16:9 format but find the image quality, even at 80 is a bit disappointing. The controls are kind of counter-intuitive and the interface is a bit clunky.
Much of what I don't like about this camera is more about shooting style and actually working with it, rather than faults or shortcomings with the camera itself.
Some of these are problems, others are "would be nice if" things.
- Image quality: noise, finging, etc really bothersome, even at slow ISOs.
- Huge RAW files, would be nice to stop jpgs being made at the same time.
- I'd like to dial in reduced flash out output - no control except black tape.
- RAW files understood by only the lastest versions of software.
- Super, super slow USB download rate.
- Battery won't charge in camera while plugged into AC source.
In sum, to get good images out of this camera, there is quite a workflow one has to develop, even for "snaps".
Yes I bought it but would seriously think twice about it for future purchases.
|AF4_2483 Surfing the Serengeti by DaveInHouston|
from Hot Air Balloon view
|Peregrine Falcon by Psychic1|
from Best Wildlife Photo of the Week - 4