Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 review
I have been using the camera for about a month and am pretty underwhelmed. It's considered to have a bit of "bling" among other professionals but I am not overly impressed.
I like the 16:9 format but find the image quality, even at 80 is a bit disappointing. The controls are kind of counter-intuitive and the interface is a bit clunky.
Much of what I don't like about this camera is more about shooting style and actually working with it, rather than faults or shortcomings with the camera itself.
Some of these are problems, others are "would be nice if" things.
- Image quality: noise, finging, etc really bothersome, even at slow ISOs.
- Huge RAW files, would be nice to stop jpgs being made at the same time.
- I'd like to dial in reduced flash out output - no control except black tape.
- RAW files understood by only the lastest versions of software.
- Super, super slow USB download rate.
- Battery won't charge in camera while plugged into AC source.
In sum, to get good images out of this camera, there is quite a workflow one has to develop, even for "snaps".
Yes I bought it but would seriously think twice about it for future purchases.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4