Pentax *ist DS2 review
Overall, this is a great beginner camera. I had already a bunch of AF lenses from my other Pentax cameras and the switch to DSLR was an easy one. I didn't buy the body with the suggested lens, but instead opted to use my SIGMA lenses which worked perfectly. The RAW images are outstanding and colors are great. Plus, the overall size of the camera is really convenient for my hiking/kayaking/camping trips. Not too large, but still comfortable it the hand. The 2.5 inch screen is the best I've seen between the major brands and the functions are easily accessible and logically placed.
What it's missing are some basic functions. This camera's ISO only goes down to 200. In a professional context, it really should go down to 100 if not 50.
Also, the camera can only shoot a few images in burst mode, which definitely isn't faster than you can do yourself if you've got decent reflexes.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%