Nikon Coolpix 5700 review

Started Nov 1, 2006 | User reviews
Life of Riley New Member • Posts: 2
Nikon Coolpix 5700 review

An amateur photographer going digital has to get started somewhere. It makes sense to combine your knowledge of photography with research and then make your best choice of camera. You can't shop forever! Get it and get started! My first choice was a Sony because it had something I was very familiar with - a disk drive. While owning a Sony Mavica, I did lots of research on this site, dpreview.com, and chose the Nikon 5700 mostly on photo quality. This was 4 years ago, and, sure I would love to own a newer, more advanced camera, but I am still very pleased with the photo quality of my 5700. As soon as I can afford it, I will purchase a full SLR digital, but only after a lot of research on dpreview.com. I sure like Nikon, but I know that Pentax, Sony, Minolta, and many others are very competetive and will have great products. I am very happy to have chosen my Nikon 5700 - it has been an enjoyable stage of evolution toward my next, more advanced camera. I am probably good for another year or so with my 5700.

Problems:

1)There is a slight delay from the time the shutter button is depressed to the time the picture is snapped. When I shop, my next camera will be faster in this area.
2)The flash mechanism hangs up occasionally - I have to manually help it open up.
3)My ccd thing did go out, but I was so very pleased to find that Nikon was repairing this free of charge. I sent it to be repaired and it is good as new.

Nikon Coolpix 5700
5 megapixels • 1.5 screen • 35 – 280 mm (8×)
Announced: May 29, 2002
Life of Riley's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads