Casio Exilim EX-Z1050 review
Almost like everyone here, I got it for my wife with the hopes that it is easy to use, makes decent photos in AUTO mode, has low noise levels and long life battery.
Partially, it fulfills my expectations. I didn’t have time to play with it a lot because I really don’t like this kind of toys. I went back to my Olympus E-500 SLR immediately.
Here is a mini-review based on what I’ve seen so far:
- A lot of features, but some of them are perfectly useless for an amateur because he/she will not understand them
- Huge amount of predefined modes called “best shot”. However, there are too many for someone who wants to point and shoot (they will not be able to find the right scene, so they’ll use Auto)
- Nice video mode, but a lot of noise in it. Sound is decent for such a small camera.
- The so called super feature „Anti Shake DSP” is perfectly useless. I tried to take a shot of my cat while it was just walking near me, and the image was blur (because of the movement)
If you don’t use the flash the pictures are blur even at ISO 100, indoor. A nice feature is the ISO 80 mode, which produces a better quality. In daylight (I tested only from my balcony, so there is more to test here), the quality is much better. Overall, the colors of this camera are a little bit pale, but maybe because I am used to Olympus’ vivid colors. When the flash is used from a small distance (30-50 cm) , the image is clearly overexposed. I think that Casio added a lot of software correction to the noise and this is why the colors are a little bit pale and the images are blur.
the response time of the camera is very good. It starts and stops almost instantaneously, of course, after I deactivated all the feature for sound and splash screen.
See photos made with this camera on my Flickr account (I’ll add them in the next days). They will be tagged Casio EX-1050.
I have big hands and to hold a toy like this is really a challenge. For example, the microphone is on the top left side of the camera and not on the front left side. So, you have to watch carefully where you put your finger to hold the camera.The two buttons (Settings and Best Shots menu) are extremely small and very sensitive to touch.
The noise created at all ISO level is just terrible
I am extremely disappointed from all shots I obtained and I lowered a lot the rating of this camera.
The pictures lack contrast and have a high brightness. I corrected partially these with the settings set directly in the camera, but the noise remains.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sadiqur_Rahman by Sadiqur Rahman|
from Ain't Going to Work on Maggie's Farm no More
|Airborne by John Beavin|
from - How to respect the Flag and Anthem - (Portrait in Full Colours + A Border)