Nikon Coolpix S550 review
Got it yesterday as a b-day present for my sister.
Chose Nikon because already have Canon EOS D20 and Panasonic DMC FZ30. This is our first ultra compact experience. Design is great, slick and comfortable. I was amassed by simplicity and comfort of use. The menu is pleasant for an eye and the brain in the same time.
30 pictures i took in a day light were fine but .....
but ... when the camera locking on target it makes annoying clicks. May be i am spoiled but i didn't like it.
ISO higher then 200 gives horrible noise.
NEVER use automatic ISO indoors!!!! Camera cranks it all the way up to the end and pictures come out as if they were taken with a mobile phone.
Bottom line - i went back to the store and switched it with CanonSD1100is. It looks ugly and not as "user friendly" as Nikon BUT THE IMAGE QUALITY !!! OH MY..
You can't compare ! And Canon is faster too !
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%