Minolta DiMAGE A1 review
I've used this camera for 6 years, primarily for photographing kayakers and rowers racing on lakes and the ocean while pedaling a high speed pedal boat alongside. This camera has proven itself to be an excellent tool for the job, with its manual zoom being an important feature when used with an Ewa Marine diving bag to keep things dry. One needs only to push or pull on the lens to get the zoom to work - which is all you can do with such a waterproofing solution! Photos taken with this camera can be found at http://soundrowers.org on the photography page, with photos attributed to Michael Lampi. Battery life has been excellent, and it fits perfectly in my hand - unlike almost every camera now (Nov 2009) on the market.
Problems encountered with this camera are:
1. Sensor recall issue
2. Refuses to focus on certain colors, such as orange boats, no matter how many times you try or from which angle you try.
3. In the last year it began to have troubles with exposure levels, typically over exposing by 1 or 2 stops.
4. After 6 years and perhaps 40K photos later the camera now doesn't want to stay operational; instead it boots up and then turns itself off with "Err" in the LCD. Movie mode and playback mode still work, and sometimes it will work for a few frames in Photo mode.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|INFERNO by Milmor Fotografias|
from Get to Work (Power Tools)
|Love my present! by eyahaled|
from Holiday reactions