Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX48 (Lumix DMC-FX40) review
I bought this camera as a replacement for my Optio S5i
that was getting long in the tooth. After a few weeks
with the FX48, I've gotta say it's a good replacement
and a decent compromise on features.
I was looking for something that turned on and
snapped pics quickly, had good quality, could survive
being outside for a little while, and had a decent movie
The camera works well in daylight, and decently in low
light. The build construction is top-notch. It's solid, all
of the usual controls are switches instead of buttons -
a huge plus. All in all, I'm a fan.
Scored mine off eBay for 200, I think that's an
The videos come in mov format, which could be better.
The vid quality is good, just the file size is a bit big.
Sometimes has trouble focusing in low-light situations.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%