ISCO/Schneider Projection lenses on Sony A7 (1. Super Cinelux 2/80)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
backsidewalkaround Regular Member • Posts: 351
ISCO/Schneider Projection lenses on Sony A7 (1. Super Cinelux 2/80)

Following up on the "Most Beautiful Rendering - Thread", in which I thoughtlessly promised to compare a few of the Schneider/ISCO lenses that I own, I did a few quick comparison shots without tripod and at a fairly long exposure time (I guess I'm so used to IBIS by now, I didn't realize how difficult this would be on the Sony A7 on which the images were taken, sorry). There may be some camera shake involved. If you are particularly interested in the sharpness of the lenses, I will have to do that at another try with tripod. I hope you will find the sets useful anyways.  
One more thing you need to know: I adapt the lenses in a very quick manner, wrapping them in velvet tape (in order to focus the lenses inside a tube with a thread - in some cases a special tube, made for that, in others just an ordinary M42 or M39 helicoid adapter. So some degree of tilt is very much possible. But, since I didn't use the lenses for landscape shooting (and I wouldn't even get the idea to do so unless I had to for some reason. Now that I think about it, some probably wouldn't even do badly).

Let's say the images show, that the lenses are very capable portrait lenses, certainly sharp enough in the middle, often with wonderfully soft bokeh. If you don't like cat's eyes, only few will catch your attention.

Well here it goes: 
Schneider Super Cinelux 2/80

Scheider Super Cinelux 2/80

Next lens (shot with the Super Cinelux 2/80)

-- hide signature --
 backsidewalkaround's gear list:backsidewalkaround's gear list
Sony a7R III Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +1 more
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow