What is the best camera flash with rechargeable battery (not AA) for Nikon DSLR?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
tjkoko
tjkoko Senior Member • Posts: 1,504
Re: What is the best camera flash with rechargeable battery (not AA) for Nikon DSLR?

tintifax wrote:

tjkoko wrote:

On the V860-III-F my only complaint is with the charger. The indicator light remains red and doesn't change to green when the battery is fully charged.

It seems that your charger or your battery is bad. I own 3 x 860 II and all the loaders work in the same way; the green LEDs flashes up, first one, than two, than three, than four and when it's fully loaded all 4 LED are permanent green. No red. I've never seen a red light on my Godox-loaders.

Nope. The new battery that was discharged is now charged after being placed in the charger for three or four hours. There is only one single light on my Godox VC26 charger. When plugged into the usb port, the light shows green without the battery, and red with the battery no matter if the battery is full.

My computer is at least ten years old and maybe the usb port lacks sufficient output for the VC26 charger.

When I plug the unit into a 120V outlet it seems to work ok. But when I unplug it and plug it back in, the light shines red and sometimes green. This is flakey.

-- hide signature --

I still use my trusty but not dusty Leica DLux4.
Tia and thanks much for your patience,
...and the Dlux4 never ever let me down.
.....tjkoko

tjkoko's gear list:tjkoko's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm GF 63mm F2.8 Fujifilm GF 23mm F4 Fujifilm GF 45mm F2.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow