Learning to use RAW files

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 39,621
Re: Learning to use RAW files

JeremyB2 wrote:

C1's NR is really inadequate; I'm often shocked at the poor quality images it produces. I couldn't tolerate using C1 for that reason, quite apart from the clunky UI.

Agree that C1’s noise reduction isn't a patch on DeepPrime. Interesting comment about "clunky UI". That is exactly the expression I have used about the PhotoLab UI compared with C1, so it all goes to show that we all have different experiences and opinions. I reckon much of it evolves around just how much time and effort one has put into learning the software. Once one has spent quite a lot of time getting to grips with one or the other, there isn't a lot of incentive to invest more time in another software. Of course, I often use PhotoLab for lens correction and noise reduction, but then prefer to move on to C1 for the rest of my editing.

Heck, I even used Silkypix for years and everything else was strange and different. Now after using Photolab for some years then Silkypix trips me up when I go back to it.

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow