Anyone using manual focus lenses with the Panasonic S1/S1R?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Sittatunga Veteran Member • Posts: 4,703
Re: Anyone using manual focus lenses with the Panasonic S1/S1R?

Sjak wrote:

Sittatunga wrote:

I don't think it really matters that much. If anything adapters tend to be slightly short so that wideangle lenses can be guaranteed to reach infinity.

In particular with lenses with FLE-designs, the accuracy of the focal flange distance matters a lot, especially on a wide angle.

I don't know what you mean by that acronym, and Google wasn't any help.

I don't think Laowa do any tilt lenses yet.

Me neither; would be awesome if Laowa would go into that direction too!

Partly it's the resale argument, but the RF-EF filter adapter is attractive too. Now that there are a couple of third-party RF-EF filter adapters we can hope it's only a matter of time before people start putting filter slots into other DSLR to mirrorless mount adapters.

Are you suggesting I may have a closer look into a few RF-mount cameras as an alternative to the S1R? If so, which one?

Genuinely interested, as currently I am considering my options, and if the RF-system has cameras I may have missed or under-estimated, that could meet my desires, that would be great to know!

I bought the R a couple of years ago as it's got the 5D IV 30Mpx sensor and better manual focus for £1000 less money.  A lot more fun with a TS-E lens, the articulated screen's good on a tripod, and I'm not bothered about the 5D IV's higher frame rate.  Not so good with Leica mount wideangles due to colour changes at the ends of the sensor.  The R5 has IBIS, a 45Mpx sensor with a very sophisticated AA filter, automatic focus stacking and fabulous AF, tracking and frame rates.  The R6 has the 20Mpx sensor from the 1DX III and is nearly as sophisticated as the R5 but a lot less expensive, and the R3 is well beyond my pay scale.  Probably not relevant to you, but EF lenses behave as well or better adapted to RF mount than they do on DSLRs.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow