Counting my blessings with the Z7II and the 24-200

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
MrHollywood
MrHollywood Senior Member • Posts: 3,884
Re: Counting my blessings with the Z7II and the 24-200

In the past I would have bought the f2.8 trinity without blinking an eye, the Z9, and probably the Noct. So for me this is an evolution that I am happy with, for the moment.

Now I just have to suppress the urge to get medium format to see what it is like.

I dont have any problems with the sharpness of the ”cheaper” Nikon lenses, I got full confidence that they will perform well. But what I often miss is the subject isolation, that nice smooth object separation we get with faster lenses.

Absolutely...

My 70-200 wide open is a beautiful lens.

But so is my 24-200...so much so that it's pretty shocking. It wasn't that long ago that we were all impressed with the 18-70mm and 18-200 VR DX lenses. But there was a fairly obvious difference in IQ on all fronts.

That's just not the case anymore. The biggest optical advantage of the 70-200 or 24-70 lenses is the speed. That's quite an accomplishment.

Robert

-- hide signature --

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

MrHollywood's gear list:MrHollywood's gear list
Nikon D850 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Sony RX100 VI +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow