Canon's call to a D500 Replacement

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
richard cohen Senior Member • Posts: 1,501
R5 Competitor is Much More Important IMO...

I continue to be worried that Nikon is falling further behind. Sony and Canon seem to be at least a full generation ahead in terms of high performance ML bodies. The nikon z mount lenses are probably slightly better, but then again we don't have the great bodies to drive them. I know action/sports/bif isn't for everyone, but that technology does play an important role in holding market share. Look what the d850 did for nikon a few years ago. I'm straddling the two systems now, using an R5 plus a couple of canon ef long lenses for my wildlife shooting, and a Z7ii plus some shorter nikon lenses for most other things. The R5 is doing for Canon what the D850 did for Nikon, the best all around camera on the market....It's great to have a pro body but that is a low volume product. The meat of the prosumer market are cameras like the r5 and d850 and nikon has to be competitive there....and right now it's not.

richard cohen's gear list:richard cohen's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow