Focusing Sony a6400 in low light/night photography

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GFN58 New Member • Posts: 4
Focusing Sony a6400 in low light/night photography

Hi there!

I'll start of by saying that I've been searching for an answer to this question but haven't found anything that address this specific issue. This is for a friend of mine which have a a6400.

Soo, me and this friend of mine which owns a a6400 (I use an xt2) been out photographing night landscape and astro/star photographing a couple times.

Now to the issue. When setting the focus (manualy of course) he feels that it's almost impossible to see enough details(to dark screen) to set focus easily. It is a major difference between his a6400 and my xt2 which almost sees in the dark(not really but compared).

I set my lens to the same aperture as him to 2.8. When setting the shutter speed, my camera keeps brighten up the image in the screen up to 13seconds where his camera don't go as far brightening image in the screen making it hard both composing the image as well setting focus.

We have checked the menus and brightening the screen and live view don't help much.

My question is, why is this? Is it software or hardware related? Is this something that is better in Sonys more expensive or pro cameras?

Hope I've made myself understood and thankful for answers.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot A640
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow