DSLR replacement X-Trans II or better

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eabeukes New Member • Posts: 8
DSLR replacement X-Trans II or better

Many years ago I bought a Canon 5D MK2, and went through several kit lenses. In 2015 I ‘traded up’ to a pair of super-fast Tamron lenses (24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD SP, and 70-200mm f2.8 SP Di VC USD). These lenses were used for a single shoot, after which life and divorce killed my photography. Around this time travel (ha, remember that!) meant I picked up a fantastic deal in Sharjah on a X100S.

I recently picked both of these up to start shooting again and the X100S gets me 7 in 10 excellent shots right out the camera. The 5D gives me maybe 3 in 10, and even then they need processing or are marginally sharp at best. I’m finding myself picking up the X100S all the time, but then wanting a bit more reach in places, or missing the weather sealing. I love the feel and ergonomics of the X100S, and the look of the resultant images are vastly better than the 5D.

I wear glasses - not thin ones either, so the EVF is important to me. The X100S one works (mostly).

Having been offered a pretty good deal on trade-in, I can’t work out which would be a good ‘replacement’ for the 5D to augment the X100S. My options available in budget are (used)

• X-H1
  • X-T3
  • X-T2

The X-Pro1 is available but it uses the older sensor to that in the X100S. Not sure of the shooting feel would be the too similar to the X100S that I feel like one os then redundant.

So: does anyone else have experience moving from a DSLR + X100 series to any of the above, that could provide some advice on feel, weight and experience? I know the glass is good, and the kit will do what I want. I also know I’m after Fuji (hence this forum) It’s mostly the feel vs the X100S and ‘traditional’ DSLR that I’d like feedback on please.

eabeukes's gear list:eabeukes's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow