Canon 5D Mark III is jammed in video mode.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HoustonB New Member • Posts: 1
Canon 5D Mark III is jammed in video mode.

Main question: Has anybody had this problem (or similar problems), what was your solution, and do you have any warnings before I proceed? Was it an easy fix or should I buy a replacement part?

I recently upgraded to a canon 5d mark iii. I bought it used. When I received it, I inspected the camera. Aside from cosmetic wear, the only thing I could find wrong was a few rusted screws and the switch that switches from photo to video is hard to flip. It takes a good push to turn it into video mode and switching back to photo is even harder. It requires a screwdriver (or similar item) to give enough push to flip it back. I plan to give it a good clean to make it feel a bit newer, and with the cleaning, I plan to disassemble the camera to clean individual parts. Has anybody had this problem before with this camera or a camera with a similar switch? How did you solve it? Was it solved by cleaning out the switch? Was this a mechanical issue for you? What precautions would you have taken if you did it again?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow