Just took the plunge with 55-200

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
OP Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 9,167
Re: Just took the plunge with 55-200

afwares wrote:

third son wrote:

afwares wrote:

By "built in" I was asking if those shots had a lot of post-processing added to them, i.e. sharpening, texture enhancement, etc. or if they were SOOC pix. They're really good, so good that my first gut response to myself was "why don't my pix look that good!?"

I always shoot raw. I process with Capture One 11. I sharpen with NIK free output sharpener. Oh and I purchased my lens used. I don't spend a lot of time on processing.

Interesting...I have the whole NIK suite, but haven't made good use of the sharpening module yet. I'll work on that. Glad I ran into your post.

Nik's output sharpening module is awesome!  For printing it is my last step.  It has defined sharpening based on the paper type (matt vs. glossy vs. semigloss) on print DPI and even viewing distance.  All come with sliders to fine tune.

The display sharpening is similar.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow