Soon to be leaving Canon for Nikon!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NacMacFeegle
NacMacFeegle Regular Member • Posts: 234
Soon to be leaving Canon for Nikon!

I finally made the big decision to not only move from DSLR to mirrorless, but from Canon to Nikon as well. I've been shooting with Canon for many years, and I love my current Eos 80D, but I've wanted a full frame camera for awhile now, and the sad fact is that Canon's cameras are thoroughly unexciting compared to the competition.

I went back and forth between Sony and Nikon for a long time. Panasonic's new S1 was tempting, but I didn't see it offering enough extra value to compensate for it's high price. I also considered the Fujifilm T-3, since it's control scheme is far and away the best there is IMHO. However, it finally came down to the A7 iii and the Z6. Four things shifted me towards the Nikon - the larger body with the bigger grip, sturdier build quality and weather proofing, a high quality kit lens, and the free FTZ adapter promotion.

So, a few days ago I gritted my teeth and closed my ears to the tortured screams of my wallet, and now the Nikon Z6 is on its way! Perhaps harder than the camera purchase was stomaching the additional $130 for a 64GB XQD card. It's too bad the Z6 doesn't have a second, regular SD slot - both for backup purposes, and for cheapskates like me to save a few bucks!

I also sent off for FD, EF, and M42 mount adapters - I have a ton of manual lenses that I plan on adapting! I also ordered a screen protector, something I've never needed in the past with my Canon cameras. If only the Z6 had a vari-angle LCD instead of a tilting one. IMHO - every camera should just use vari-angle! They are so good for shooting at odd angles, and also allow me to flip the screen face in when I don't need it. This not only protects the screen, it keeps me from "chimping". If only the Eos R wasn't such an outdated, boring camera!

I can't wait to get my hands on the Z6 and find out whether or not it's the camera I need.

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow