Your view of the FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 4,407
Your view of the FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS

So lets forget about size, weight, and price. They are what they are. That is the cost of entry for a lens like this.

I am considering getting one finally to use for event and sports shooting for my Sony system where I know it the right focal length and the speed are what I need.  Have a huge amount of experience with the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II on my Canon systems.

So what is my question? The question is what do I have to watch out for with this lens? How does it perform? What are strengths and its weaknesses? I have read the reviews but most are old from when it came out where everyone was in love with the fact that Sony created the GM family. Its been a few years now and I am wondering how owners that have had it feel about it 1 to 2 years later. Also wondering what I should watch out for?

If you have experience with one I would love to hear from you. Thank you in advance.

Steve

p.s. I have adapted my Canon to my Sony bodies but I want something that can focus faster and allow my A9 to shoot at high frame rates. So that is why I want a native lens.

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a9 Sony a7R III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +21 more
Sony a9 Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow