Will the Godox TT350 be enough and what light modifier?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aaron801 Senior Member • Posts: 5,232
Will the Godox TT350 be enough and what light modifier?

I've availed myself to shoot an event type thing. I honestly don't know too much about the details but it seems that I'll be shooting people and closer-up smaller groups (as opposed to large group portrait kinds of things. I'm not too experienced yet with flash, but I do have this TT350 unit that I've used a bit. It seems to work pretty well bouncing off of ceilings at the kind of distances that I'd be using it for. I'm not entirely sure though whether or not some of the event might be outdoors and particularly since it'll be mid day, if it's sunny out, I'll probably want to use the flash as a fill-in and I'm wondering if the TT350 is likely to be powerful enough for that.

If I am shooting out in the sun and want fill-in than I light have to use HHS, right? That'll mean that I have even less effective power, but am I still likely to have enough with fairly short range shots? Also, would I be wanting to use some kind of modifier for the flash and then what kind (inexpensive is better). I have an old tent type contraption that I could mod my TT350 flash out with some velcro and use, but is that as good an option as other things?

Basically any tips for how to set up my gear and techniques for how to shoot this kind of thing both for indoor and outdoor would be appreciated.

I've got a few weeks so I can order a modifier or even the more powerful Godox flash if need be... and if fact I'm looking at getting that other more power flash at some point anyway as I have a Godox trigger and a stand an umbrella for a second flash (I have experimented with of camera flash, but I won't be bothering with that for this particular event).

Thanks in advance for all of the good advice that I know is about to come my way!

-- hide signature --

my flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/128435329@N08/

Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow