Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L design flaw broke my gears

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eggry
eggry New Member • Posts: 13
Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L design flaw broke my gears

Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L has design flaw. Its strap end is not folded and stiched because the strap is assymectic so you have to detach and attach reverse if you want to use on right sholder.

but it means it lacks any significant safety measure preventing accidental loosening and that's what exactly happened to me. I was running and bag was bounced on my back and then...it dropped.

My a7r3 and 24-105G atteched outside of the bag on Peak Design Capture Pro were damaged. Hot shoe got ugly and lens barrel too. I don't know it's damaged internally or functionally yet. Sony CS is evaluating it now.

also my 50.4ZA inside the gad got impact from Capture Pro it broke filter glass. I don't know the lens' glass itself or internal is also damage. Sony CS is evaluating it. It will take several days.

It can't be my fault and I'm really angry and depressed now. My trip has been comprmised and Sony said it should be at least 300 USD only for cosmetic repair and will be much more if internal damage found.

I contacted Peak Design CS and I'm waiting for their response. I'll update anything follow.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow