Anyone understands the point of Nikon's Auto ISO logic on D600?

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP OutOfFocus student Forum Member • Posts: 76
Re: Anyone understands the point of Nikon's Auto ISO logic on D600?

I ahv e no idea of what you actually want. You seems to be flogging a dead horse here. Pretty much everybody has disagreed with you

Indeed it's clear that you have no idea what I'm talking about. Do you even own a D600?

You say there's 'no good reason to have it lower bounded(but plenty good reasons to have it otherwise)'

Sorry but ..what?

The objective is to have as low an iso as possible

The auto iso is linked to your lens and you set it if you want faster shutter speeds so you do not get motion blur. If you ahve shaky hands then the auto iso is set to be >1/FL

Now within that frame work there is nobody I know that would like a higher iso top be used where the shutter speed is suitable to the lens (as I say if 1/FL is not sufficient because you have shakey hands you set it higher, if 1/FL is too high because you have VR then it's set lower)

As far as I can see you are repeating exactly what I and a few others said.

So who wants the correct shutter speed and as high an iso as possiible?

If you do then use shutter priority

It's different in manual because manual is manual and doesn't 'auto' for you

This is nonsense. There are lots of Auto settings in M mode (AutoISO/AWB/AF)

So I see absolutely zero logic in what you say, and from the other responses it seems that nobody else finds logic in what you want

Sorry, but I believe the issue here is reading comprehension on your side.

OutOfFocus student's gear list:OutOfFocus student's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon D600 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow