should I purchase a 5 II or wait till the next version?

Started Apr 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
Robert Newman Forum Member • Posts: 67
Re: should I purchase a 5 II or wait till the next version?

My advice is to wait until the introduction of the 5D3 or whatever Canon will call it and then buy a very capable 5D2 for about 30%-40% less than you would pay now. The likely areas of improvement for the next generation are an articulated OLED viewing screen, an improved autofocus system, and better focus and viewing features for video. Resolution might rise slightly, but 21Mpixels of the 5D2 is certainly plenty for almost any application you might have in mind. With the introduction of the next improved models likely to be announced at Photokina in early November, you won't have to wait long. Since Photokina was such a bust last year, look for some very interesting products this year. I am anxious to see if Canon will push its 1Dx to 30 Mpixels to counter Nikon. Also, Sony has been coming on strong in recent years and now it is a three-way horse race in the pro equipment sector.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow