D80 Feel: Questions

Started Sep 20, 2006 | Discussions thread
J Mankila
J Mankila Veteran Member • Posts: 4,234
Re: I tried it once and forgot the D200 :)

dirtee1 wrote:

My only regret is that I lack the fine
crafting skills to replace the rubber grip on that to more closely
resemble the give, grip and softness of the D200 one.

I have read many reports on the D200 having slightly weak sticky tapes holding the rubber grip and that after heavy (but not out of place) use it will start to loosen. That means either that you'd have to use your fine crafting skills (that I happen to lack) to put another back on or send it to Nikon, which always takes time.

I once thought about putting a new grip on the D70 - abandoned the idea when I remembered that the grip was already that big

Hmm, from what I hear sounds like Nikon did these little
adjustments that went into improving the feel of the D80 over the
D70, but hasn't been widely appreciated.

Oh, I forgot the scroll dials altogether! They're very much like in D200 and I like it far better than the sometimes slippery D70 dials. The only thing that bugs me is that the front dial is situated a bit to the right compared to D70, which I will have to get used to...

And one more thing.. I don't like the material on the internal flash. It feels too light - of course it means faster response when it jumps up. And... Perhaps it goes to tell something about the build quality that I'm complaining about something like this..

Janne Mankila

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow