Nikon Coolpix 800 Review
Conclusion - Pros
- Excellent image quality
- Great colour and white balance
- Solidly built despite plastic case
- Matrix Metering
- Fast processing, short cycle times
- Logical menu system (as found on CP700, CP950, D1)
- Easily Portable
- Better "bright" LCD mode (as found in the new CP950 firmware)
- Auto ISO mode
- Ease of use (even my dad used it!)
Conclusion - Cons
- What no USB?
- No CF Type II support
- Can't scroll in playback zoomed mode
- Limited zoom (2x.. matches S10)
Here's my rating of the Nikon Coolpix 800:
|Detail||Rating (out of 10)|
|Lens / CCD combination||9|
|Ease of use||9|
|Value for money||10|
The Coolpix 800 has most things you'd find on its bigger brother save some manual features, a few more millimeters of zoom and the swivel lens.. Yet it's only half the price.. It's a rough and ready camera which you'd take everywhere and rarely be disappointed with... So if you want Coolpix 950 quality and a fraction of the price then you really should be considering the Coolpix 800. Proof of the pudding is in the pictures.
So which one should I buy? A question I get asked several times a day, and I wouldn't like to say In a new addition to my reviews (after the amount of feedback I normally get) I've added a link to a specific forum in which you can discuss the review or ask me specific questions which I've not answered in these pages.