Nikon Coolpix 775 Review
Compact Flash compartment
The 775's Compact Flash compartment door is a slide out and flip open type, it fits fairly flush into the rear of the hand grip. Inside you'll find a Compact Flash Type I slot and an eject button which pushes the card out just far enough for the 'thumb lip' on the back of the card to be exposed. No major problems here.
Power and size constraints mean that the 775 doesn't support Type II cards (such as the IBM Microdrive). That said, the 775 has less of a storage requirement than its 3 megapixel 'bigger brother' the 995 and that the price of Type I cards is coming down all the time. The camera is supplied with a 8 MB card (good for just 13 shots at FINE quality).
On the right side of the camera (from the back) just beside the Compact Flash compartment you'll find the DC-IN connector for use with an optional AC adapter, it's marked as 6V, +ve middle pin. On the left side we find a 'one port does all' connector (something we've seen on other brand digital cameras, but never before on a Nikon). Two cables are supplied with the same D-shaped end, one for video out (ends in a yellow RCA jack) and one for USB connection.
The 775's flash unit is mounted above and to the left of the lens, it has a quoted range of 3 m (9.8 ft) at wide angle. The small lamp directly below it is for red-eye reduction / self timer indication.
In red-eye reduction mode the lamp lights for approximately 1.5 seconds before the flash fires which is supposed to help reduce the size of the subject's pupil.
Tripod mount / camera base
Supplied In the Box
Supplied in the box is:
- Nikon Coolpix 775 digital camera
- 8MB Compact Flash card
- EN-EL1 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery
- EU: MH-50 battery charger & power cable
- US: MH-51 battery charger & AC adapter
- USB cable
- Video-out cable
- Wrist strap
- Manual (excellent quality)
- CD-ROM - Nikon View 4, Canto Cumulus 5.0 Trial, iView Media Pro (Macintosh),
ArcSoft; PhotoImpression 2000, VideoImpression 1.5, PhotoPrinter Pron
2000, PhotoStudio 2000, Panorama Maker 2000
Optional accessories include:
- EH-21 AC Adapter / charger
- CS-E775 soft case
- Compact Flash / Accessories: EC-CF 64 MB, EC-CF 96 MB, EC-AD1 PC-Card adapter
- UR-E3 lens adapter (allows use of WC-E24, WC-E63, TC-E2 lenses)
- Lenses: WC-E24 Wide angle (x0.66), WC-E63 Wide angle (x0.63), TC-E2 Tele converter (x2.0)
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Lighthouse, Bottom of the World by CelticOdyssey|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 12, L
|Dundrum by Rik Powdrill|