Nikon Coolpix 700 Review
- Excellent image quality (class leading)
- High resolution (1600 x 1200)
- Good colour balance, good white balance
- Little need for post-processing
- Good construction, even though it's a plastic case
- Good intellegent matrix metering
- Very fast processing, short cycle times
- Good logical and easy to use menus system
- Good LCD
- Very portable and light
- Probably the best fixed lens $500 digital camera
- Slight barrel distortion
- Sometimes poor low light focusing / slow focusing
- Badly positioned tripod mount
- Serial port (no USB!)
As with the 950 I'll give the 700 ratings out of 10 (remember these are based on it's design and ability to do the job it's designed to do.
|Detail||Rating (out of 10)|
|Lens / CCD combination||9|
|Ease of use||9|
|Value for money||10 (for that money!)|
This is an excellent camera. It offers great image quality, features not found on other cameras in the class (2 megapixel fixed lens) which all adds up to amazing bang-for-the-buck. It's small and light enough to be carried easily and is fast enough to leave you snapping away all day long. I really couldn't find anything bad to say about the 700, even the LCD is brighter!
You may also wish to read the Nikon Coolpix 950 (it's bigger brother) review:
In a new addition to my reviews (after the amount of feedback I normally get) I've added a link to a specific forum in which you can discuss the review or ask me specific questions which I've not answered in these pages.
the Nikon Coolpix 700 Today!
Nikon Coolpix 700
Aug 24, 1999
Aug 23, 2002
Aug 23, 2002
Aug 16, 2002