Minolta DiMAGE S404 Review
Top of camera controls
Shutter release button
Just like the DiMAGE S304, 5 and 7 I faced frustration with the S404's shutter release being 'locked'. This occured with both Instant playback enabled and disabled, here's the scenario:
- Instant playback disabled - pressing the shutter release button
too quickly after the first exposure and the camera will ignore the
press, you have to lift your finger and press again.
- Instant playback enabled (2 or 10 secs) - pressing the shutter release with the playback image shown returns to the live view but you must lift your finger and press again to take another shot.
In my opinion the camera should take a shot if (a) the live view is visible and (b) the shutter release is pressed, the photographer is clearly holding the shutter release button down for this reason.
Digital Subject Program
All exposure modes (except manual) press this button to change exposure compensation. -2.0 EV to +2.0 EV in 0.3 EV steps. In manual mode this button switches between shutter speed and aperture selection.
Displays the last image shot (or last image on the CF card) on the rear LCD monitor.
Shoot movies, press the shutter release to start recording, press again to stop. Movies are recorded in AVI format @ 320 x 240, 12 frames per second for a maximum of 60 seconds, audio is recorded using the built-in microphone.
Camera displays special camera setup menu used to control global settings such as LCD brightness, power saving time, language, date, video output etc. Format CF card is only available in this mode.
Enables USB communications for direct connectivity to a PC or Mac.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO