Fujifilm FinePix 6900Z Review
Fujifilm announced the FinePix 6900Z at CeBIT back in March this year. It utilizes the same 3.3 megapixel SuperCCD sensor we saw in the FinePix 6800Z (which we reviewed in April). Because of the honeycomb layout of Fujifilm's SuperCCD the camera outputs a 6 megapixel image, although you can also choose from 3.1 and 1.2 megapixel sizes.
Body design, layout and controls are based on the 4900Z, it has the same 6x optical zoom lens (35 - 210 mm equiv.) but now sports a 'cool' black body. Here is a list of the changes to the 6900Z since last years 4900Z:
- 3.3 megapixel SuperCCD (produces 6 megapixel image)
- Black body
- Re-engineered focus ring (different ridge layout)
- AF button which can be used in manual focus mode
- New on-screen indicator for SmartMedia activity
- Revamped menu system
- B&W mode
- ISO 100, 200, 400 instead of 125, 200, 400, 800
- Two manual white balance presets (instead of one)
Still controversial Fujifilm seem to have ignored many of the industry "nay-sayers" and continued with their line of SuperCCD sensors. The 6900Z has the same "Honeycomb" SuperCCD design found in the 4700Z, 4800Z, 4900Z, 6800Z and S1 Pro. The major difference between a SuperCCD and standard CCD is the orientation of the CCD pixels. In a SuperCCD they're orientated in a diamond formation, turning this into a square image requires interpolation which generates a higher pixel count.
The FinePix 6900Z has a 3.3 megapixel SuperCCD which generates a 6 megapixel image (2832 x 2128). This means that the cameras internal systems are processing those diagonally orientated pixels to generate the image... The jury is still out as to whether this is a good thing or not.
It's also worth noting that the 6900Z sees Fujifilm drop the ISO 125 and ISO 800 of the 4900Z and instead provide a more conventional ISO 100, 200 and 400 sensitivities.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Race by mdbinasif|
from Your City - Kids Play
|Altaussee Austria by IFRPilot|
|Sunrise at Mono Lake by ed rader|
from My Best Photo of the Week