Canon PowerShot G2 Review
Canon Accessories - Lenses
Below you can see each of these lenses attached to the G2 via the LA-DC58 adapter.
Here's what the G2's manual says about add-on lenses:
- An externally mounted flash may not automatically adjust its output when a conversion lens is mounted on the camera. You may have to set the camera to manual mode and set the shutter speed and aperture to appropriate settings in this case.
- Do not attach filters or lens hoods to the wide converter or tele-converter.
- When using the built-in flash to shoot, a portion of the image may be blocked by the wide converter or tele-converter and appear dark.
- When using the viewfinder to shoot, a portion of the image in the viewfinder may appear to be blocked by the wide converter or tele-converter.
- Use the wide converter lens with the focal length set to the maximum wide angle setting.
- Use the tele-converter lens with the focal length set to the maximum telephoto setting. At other zoom settings, the image will not appear correctly.
Canon Accessories - SC-PS700 soft case
The soft case has a belt loop on the back and a single loop on the right side which can be attached to the camera strap. At the back of the case is a small compartment for a spare Compact Flash card and / or the remote control.
Canon Accessories - 420EX Speedlight
According to the G2's manual: The following functions can be used with a Speedlite 220EX, 380EX, 420EX or 550EX.
- Auto Exposure (Use the E-TTL mode with a 550EX)
- FE Lock (Not available in M mode)
- Daylight Synchro
- Slow Synchro
- Flash Exposure Compensation (If a Speedlite 550EX is used, the 550EXs settings take precedence if both the camera and the flash are set to E-TTL mode and the flash exposure compensation is set. The cameras setting will not activate.)
- Auto Zoom (Not available with the 220EX)
Canon Accessories - MR-14EX Macro Ring Lite
Here's what the G2's manual says about the MR-14EX:
- Shoot from a distance of at least 20 cm (8 in.) from the subject in macro mode. To shoot closer up, use the Av or M mode and set the aperture to a higher value.
- When you are using Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX, you can shoot in E-TTL automatic flash exposure compensation mode just by setting the cameras shooting mode to P, Tv or Av. You are recommended to use the Av mode for full-fledged macro flash photography. Since the aperture cannot be set freely in mode, it is not recommended.
- The following functions can be used with Macro
Ring Lite MR-14EX mounted.
- E-TTL Automatic Flash Exposure Compensation
- FE Lock
- If the exposure compensation has been set on both the camera and Macro Ring Lite, the Macro Ring Lite settings take precedence and the cameras settings will not activate.
Canon CP-10 Card Photo Printer
The G2 (just like the IXUS 300, IXUS v, A20 and A10) supports 'direct printing', this is a Canon specific communications protocol which allows digital cameras to be connected directly to compatible photo printers (currently only the CP-10 dye-sub card photo printer).
The CP-10 can produce 3.4 x 2.1 in photo quality prints, connection is made by the "digital" (USB) port with a single cable, the SET button now becomes a 'Print' button or you can select multiple images through the DPOF menu. Functionality has been enhanced on the G2 with the addition of the new 'Trimming' option which allows you to select a 3:2 ratio rectangle from the image which will make up the final print.
Other Canon Accessories
BP-511 / BP-512
Availability of accessories may vary by region.
|Smile by Olymguy|
from Ultra Asian Indian Female Faces
|Space Shuttle Cockpit- by vbuhay|
from Aircraft Control Stick
Tamron has announced the longest all-in-one zoom lens currently available, the 18-400mm F3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD. Designed for Canon and Nikon crop-sensor cameras, the lens will be available in July.
When you're ready to step-up to full-frame from an entry-level or midrange camera, the choices can be overwhelming. Find out which models came out on top in our $1200-2000 enthusiast ILC roundup.
Just a guy wearing a VR headset, smashing invisible Goombas in Central Park.
NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter captured this gorgeous aerial photo of the Martian landscape. And if you look really close, you can actually see the Mars Curiosity rover in the very middle.
The city of Laguna Beach, California has provided some clarification around the kinds of photography permits it offers.
Later this year, a VR180 camera will be Joining Yi's Halo and 360 VR cameras, which will offer stereo 3D capture, yet be as easy to use and compact as a 2D camera.
Caltech researchers have developed an 'optical phased array' chip that uses time delays instead of a lens to focus the incoming light.
Pricing and shipping have finally been revealed for two highly anticipated lenses from Sigma, announced in February.
These macro photos of clouds of paint billowing through clear water might look like high-quality CGI, but they're real photographs. And photographer Alberto Seveso told us how they were made.
Facebook is testing a feature that prevents people from saving, sharing, or even taking a screenshot of your profile picture.
We've reshot the Sony a9 in our studio. The short story: it's sharper! The long story... well you can read it all here.
The collection will be officially launched during the Europeana Transcribathon Campus Berlin 2017 crowdsourcing event which will be held on 22 and 23 June at the Berlin State Library.
Light gives us some insight into the preparations for the launch of the pre-order shipments of its much anticipated L16 multi-lens camera.
OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei has confirmed in a tweet that the second lens on the back of the OnePlus 5 uses a 1.6x optical zoom and that digital zoom is used to reach the claimed 2x zoom factor.
Fujifilm recently unveiled the second in its series of affordable cine lenses, the MK50-135mm T2.9. We got our hands on it for a couple days and took it for a spin.
Leica's first attempt at an M-series digital rangefinder was rough around the edges, but set a pattern for all of the cameras that came after it. In this week's Throwback Thursday article, Barney remembers the M8.
No stranger to extreme situations, legendary climber and filmmaker Jimmy Chin talks to Outside Magazine about his career, and the challenge of filming Alex Honnold's rope-free solo climb of El Capitain.
A company backed by Android co-founder Andy Rubin is attempting to make video conferencing less terrible.
Rangefinder magazine asked five professional portrait and wedding photographers about posting on Instagram; no surprise, they got five different answers.
This captivating stop motion film was created by stripping away one layer of wood at a time. It's hard to look away.
It will enable users to simulate the presence of the sun, moon and Milky Way and see how they interact with an area's topography.
Since its introduction in November last year Instagram's live streaming feature has been used by millions, but videos could not be archived for watching at a later stage. A new update has now added the capability.
CopyTrack's study also found that the second most-stolen image is a woman wearing painted jeans. That's apparently a thing.
Forget expensive lenses with fancy coatings and special lens elements – photographer Robin de Puy took these portraits using just a water drop for a lens.
Adobe reports a record quarterly revenue of $1.77 billion for the second quarter fiscal year 2017 ended June 2, 2017.
Zeiss says its new lens is particularly suited for portrait photography but also a good all-rounder and can be used in video applications.
We present to you the top photos from the Kennel Club's 2017 Dog Photographer of the Year photo contest – take a look at 10 of the award-winning puppers.
In case you were looking for any more inspiration to go fly one.
Following a couple of successful Kickstarter campaigns, Videre 35mm's creator has re-tooled the camera with sturdier components and a simpler user assembly process.
The two hour long video covers everything an aspiring drone pilot needs to know.