Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 50mm F2

Macro prime lens | Canon EF, Pentax KAF, Nikon F (FX)

This is the ZF.2 version which features electronic connection to modern DSLRs and SLRs. Focus as with other Zeiss lenses is manual. With Nikon green dot and arrows in the viewfinder, it is not hard to focus. The lens has great color rendition, and has all metal build quality. For strictly macro use it may be a bit lacking, due to its 1:2 magnification ratio. General purpose photography, and light macro work make this 50mm one of my favorites.

DougSchuch

I love this lens. When I want to take close up studio-type shots, this is my go to lens. The detail is stunning.colors are rich, and I've always been very pleased with the results. I happen to like the fact that it's a manual focus lens with no image stabilization. It just seems like the emphasis is on the quality of the image. The build is satisfying in the hand: metal with a silky smooth focusing ring. I feel like I have a truly quality instrument in my hands.

I've had this around a month now. I was looking for something that could sit in alongside my A50 f/1.2 and seeing as I enjoy fast glass thought I might as well get the fastest close focus 50 :) It has since caused me to reevaluate every lens through a different view point as regards optical quality. Simply put this lens is astounding quality both optically and from a build perspective. Focusing has a firm damped feel to it that is fantastically precise. It does not have the silkiness of a ...

Dodi73

My friends during these years I had the opportunity to change many bodies and lenses, trying also some of the very best (and expensive) equipment out there in 35mm format, bar none. For most of the time I worked on the three-lens combo: 28-50-100 thus also my primes and zooms were accordingly set. At the time, 50 was the "do it all" lens, although having D700 since 2009, I started to use as well the 28 in a cropped way, thus switching the two lenses quite often. By the time I had also the ...