Toshiba PDR-M61 User Reviews

Announced Feb 5, 2001 •
velascog

Updated review after 9 months of use: - read the manual. Has many features that would have prevented bad pictures. - poor flash but using manual features can be avoided. - buy a mini tripod to avoid using flash

This camera is wonderful for outdoor photography and particularly for macro shots. It is poor at flash photography, but does great indoors with no flash. The color balance with the flash setting is awful. An external flash connection would have solved this. You must learn how to use the focus, but it's worth it. The feel, user friendly controls etc make this a fun camera to use. Everyone is amazed at how great the pix look. http://home.insightbb.com/~johnhetti/pix/dwood779.jpg Problems: As ...

I agree with most of the other reviewers here. It is a very good digicam for the money. Consumer Reports must feel the same as they named it a Best Buy a year ago, just before Toshiba discontinued it! Problems: I'm surprised no one mentioned having difficulty with the battery cover. It takes some dexterity to close.

Problems: 1)The big knurled "on" knob has the irritating habit of turning the camera on and wasting the batteries. 2) The battery door requires a lot of care to close properly. 3) lately, the smartmedia card has been getting corrupted, asking for a reformat (tossing all stored photos). I'll clean the contact points with a pencil eraser and see if that helps.

acabo de comprarla en España por 300 E euros en general estoy bastante satisfecho, aunque soy consciente que tiene sus defectos como la lentitud de enfoque, tambien es cierto que para irte a otra de similares caracteristicas te tienes que ir a los 500 a 600 euros. un saludo desde Valencia

I also am very satisfied. I paid $250 for the camera (Summer '01) and I believe I got much, much more for my money than did my friends who bought other, better-known cameras. To everyone writing these reviews, I ask the question: "Did you study the manual?" I did. Several times, in fact. And I need to review it often. This camera is not a toy and it's not a point-and-shoot either. It's a complex tool and it demands attention in order to be learned well. I purchased the camera for lots of ...

You get great features from this camera. It's totally worthy if you want a lot of features with limited money. Pictures taken from outdoor with adequate lighting is good. Problems: But besides that, nothing is good. Pictures taken from indoor, night, even too much light are awful. The flash is very weak, and the color reproduction is bad.

I specifically purchased my camera (and a 64MB flash card) for a trip to Peru in August and was very happy with the quality of the images and the value paid.... Recently, I purchased the zoom/wide angle lenses. Problems: As everyone has stated the view finder has a flaw. Also, (and it could be a operator error) but I've had some trouble taking pictures using the flash or using the right flash setting to take pictures with minimal light.

For the price you can't beat it. I picked a used one up from best buy for $260 and another $50 bucks for a 64mb smart media card. The camara takes beautiful pictures and if very easy to use. And if that wasn't enough for another $250 including shipping I picked up this additional lenses package from dcprodirect.com, which greatly increased the range and value of my camera. Problems: As everyone else mentioned the barrel does block the viewfinder, especially with additional lenses attached. ...

Did a lot of research before I bought, and cannot believe the blend of features for the price. Problems: 8 Mb smartmedia card is inadequate, had to buy a 64 Mb card along with camera, as that is all the packaging said it would support. After getting it home I found out that it will support up to 128Mb with a Flash update. Wish I had known, and would have put down money for the 128 Mb card.