Toshiba PDR-M4 User Reviews

Announced Feb 18, 1999 •
Ken547

This camera takes good images for 2.0 mega pixels.. and is very easy to use, but lack many things that most people are looking for. Problems: The problems.. well you really cant do much with this camera unless you want to be able to carry it everywhere around. The compactability is good, but the features are very scarce. The one major problem with this camera is the lithium ion battery. It works good until you need to get a new one. We got a new one, and it did not work right at all. We ...

Steven LeBlanc

If anyone has US firmware previous to v1.16 please email me at steve.leblanc2@verizon.net. I have had problems with this camera and think this might be part of the problem

Steven LeBlanc

Ramon Henares

Very good camera overall, except for its flaws. Lately i have been having the same problem that 1 other person has here, and that is that the lcd is just blank and the camera beeps 5 times and cant take pictures. I found that reformatting the media, or setting the camera to default solves it for a little while and it comes back again. Contacted Toshiba about the problem, but haven't received a reply, bad bad customer service. Never will get a Toshiba product again.

I've had this camera for about 3 years, and everything has worked out great for me. I only have one problem...Now, when I turn on the camera, the LCD screen stays black, it doesn't take any pictures, and the LED blinks an orange light and beeps. Hasn't worked for a few days now. I've tried switching the SmartMedia card and battery, but nothing has worked. Seems that Toshiba has bad customer service, too, as I have yet to hear anything from them. Problems: black screen/orange LED light ...

Wanted: Broken PDR-M4 Hello All, If you have a PDR-M4 that has a broken off Mode-Dial ( the common problem ) I would like to buy your camera. My PDR-M4 has a totally different problem, I want to

I used this camera for over 2 years. Developed a problem with charging the battery. Contacted Toshiba's Exchange Facility 909-613-1793 and they exchanged it for me for a resonable price. Worth it to me.

How ironic that I'm posting here. I only found this message board because I was looking to buy a new camera, because yesterday the mode dial on my 2 year old M-4 broke off. Reading these other posts, it sounds very discouraging about getting it fixed. Otherwise this was a great camera. Very sturdy, very easy to use. The lack of optical zoom has annoyed me though.

As a long time traditional photogragher, I was interested in exploring the digital world and what I could do in a software darkroom. The Toshiba is my first digital camera and has become my primary still shooting choice. As a traditionalist, I do not like zoom lens and thus I appreciate the lack of such on this camera. Problems: I have experienced no problems with the camera. My one caveat is getting use to the LAG inherent in digital cameras upon shutter activation.

I'm appalled at the number of people who have had the mode dial button problem! Yes, it happened to me to. This does NOT ensure much confidence in Toshiba and their camera's. I'm not sure what route I'm going to take yet (buy kit and fix or part on ebay), but I'm definately going to give Toshiba a piece of my mind. The real shame of all this is that besides this one problem the PDR-M4 is quite a good little camera. Problems: Notorious mode dial/selector switch knob popping off.