Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III RXD User Reviews

Announced Feb 22, 2018 •
Sony FE | A036
Seizon

I'm using it a lot with my Sony A7 III and I'm satisfied with its crispy, clean images. This is my last test in 1080p: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J55ibpoSLQ0 and in 4K: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxOvNbgTBg8

A 3rd party zoom for Sony FE was a long time coming, I`d have thought that Sigma would have FE-Mounted the excellent 24-105 ART years ago but they seem to have had no interest in Zooms for this mount (well up til now according to rumours) . Tamron stepped in with this compact F2.8 28-75 (Historically a fave Focal range of Tamron = that extra 5mm is like Nigel Tuffnels Marshall amps going to 11 ) .. Tamron`s F2.8 Full Frame standard zooms have been patchy to say the least in the past - ...

What a great standard zoom lens for the Sony Mirrorless FF system.   It really didn't do anything bad in my use of 6 months.  Maybe the vignetting was a little strong, or the bokeh was a tad nervous in busy images, but none of it really warranted me selling the lens. What made me sell the lens is that fact that I never used the focal lengths between 29 and 74.   Using this lens I always wished I had my 24 GM or 85 1.8 (or the 70-200 f4).  I have been using mostly primes for the past 6 years ...

A little gem. Affordable, sharp from 2.8, great contrast, colours and rendering. Great value lens. I have replaced my Sony 24-105 with it. It is more fun to use. Please note: if you still need 24mm you might want to hold on 24-105 unless you also get 24 1.4GM :)

Dmitry L

Today I received TAMRON 28-75 and started to test. I got absolutely unexpected result compared with other lenses. 28-75/A7III vs 16-70/a6500. Both lenses were stopped down – 1 stop. There is a vlogger at YouTube I respect using similar methods but received absolutely another result as: TAMRON is well, Zeiss – garbage. Today I made a hundred tests, so, if someone needs the pictures Jpeg, RAW at other focal ranges I will show. I understand that it’s not a professional test, but I hope it will ...

treepop

Best all around zoom for the a7 lineup. Love it.

GaryPang

Amaze by the sharpness. Is just like having a Sony Prime 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm A must have general zoom lens for every wedding photographer.

Paul66

Light, sharp, good color rendition, nice 3D effect....this lens is a real winner. Great bang for the bucks. Downsides: construction is not up to the highest standards, some flare and vignetting are visible under hardest conditions. It stays on my A7iii more than 24-70GM unless I really need 24-28 range.

Gusmur

Hi, Trying not to wax superlative, but just don't have the restraint. This lens IS truly amazing. Sharp, fast, totally silent. Balances well on my A7ii, where it lives full time. Looking forward to when Tamron develops an FE mount 70-200. Just can't say enough good things about this lens. Hope this helps in your decision making. Best, Angus