Sony a7 III User Reviews

Announced Feb 27, 2018 •
24 megapixels | 3 screen | Full frame sensor
tatanan

So far this has been a wonderful camera. Superior to any Canon I had before. The autofocus function, not perfect, but is the best I ever experience.

tonyphoto

I like this camera but it's not a user-friendly camera. I know you've read the reviews/forums, etc. about the menu systems. I did too. I just don't care for the usability of the A73. I've had the Sony for over a year and just never got used to it like I thought I would. I gave it an honest shot but just don't care for the Sony.

I came to this camera when I upgraded in Christmas 2018 from Canon 60D. At the time, the Canon EOS-R was also released but it's nothing compared to this. I am looking at lenses pricing from Canon (R MOUNT) and OMG I think I did a good choice jumping ship from Canon to Sony as I am not a photographer (I make no money from photography) I am just an enthusiast and love to capture professional images of my family without having a photographer with me on every trip :-) What this camera is missing is:

About 10 days ago I switched to Sony FE system after 14 years with Canon cameras (Powershot A80, EOS 300D, 400D, 5D, 6D), and it seems that I’m not going back. I spent almost half of my life shooting Canon, but after release of EOS 5D MkIV and EOS 6D MkII, I saw that these are not the cameras I want. Contrary, I was really excited to see the Sony offerings in the 3-rd Alpha generation, where they addressed most natural flaws of mirrorless cameras, which seemed unbeatable a couple of years ...

I was one of the first A7 III users in Germany, I think. I'm very happy with the camera, especially with the nice, little form factor and the (jpeg) image quality. But where the light shines are shadows too. The auto white balance is not propper working for me, as a jpeg shooter. The quality is very good, but sometimes it doesn't hold the settings in a series of more than one shot. For example: in a series of six images, made in only a few seconds, the first three images had the white balance ...

Michael McNight

I picked-up a A7 III with a 50mm lens at the Sony booth during CES 2019.  I could barely get my fingers in between the the right handgrip and the lens barrel.  Granted, the lens in rather wide, but 50mm is a standard prime lens.  Your hand should fit! While I've had it with Canon, this Sony was definitely a deal-breaker for me.  I had high hopes for Sony.  Good thing I tried holding it at a show before I ordered it online.  Sorry Sony.  Looks like the Nikon Z7 with have to be my new system.

Dlee13

I have written a review with plenty of images which can be found on my blog below. https://www.photosbydlee.com/2019/01/ the-move-to-mirrorless / When I first switched from Canon 7 months ago I didn't expect to enjoy the Sony system this much. I personally seen it as something to use until Canon released a FF Mirrorless but over time I've come to enjoy this system so much, I've been selling off all my Sony gear.

mfenske

After getting in to photography early in 2016 I've been looking for what I consider to be the "perfect" camera and have realized that such an item probably doesn't exist-the Sony A7iii comes might close. I've shot with or owned the T5, T6, 70D, D750, 6D, 6D Mkii, 5D MkIV, A6000, A7, A7ii, and A7Rii prior to the A7iii and of those I probably liked the 6D, D750, and A7Rii the most with the Sony being my favorite for the absolutely stunning images it consistently churns out. I think Sony is ...

falcon123

I sold it and back to Canon because of skin tone. I am not alone, check it out on Youtube, people tweak around picture profile, spend money on buying EOSHD setting, etc... For me, it is wasting my time.

I’ve had a great run with my original A7 but have long felt that I could use certain AF, sensor and interface refinements once they fall within my price range. That’s what this A7iii is all about. My older Sonys demanded then rewarded the effort to familiarize and customize the interface – this generation takes that to a new level. One could simply morph this camera to suit existing preferences, but I feel it is well worth taking a step back and re-thinking old shooting habits to accommodate ...