Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake

Announced May 11, 2010 •
Wideangle prime lens | Sony E | SEL16F28
REDunnLev

This lens is great, especially for the price. I bought the lens or my NEX-5R, however within a few months I upgraded to the a6000. I thought that it would not be as useful since the kit lens has a minimum 16 mm focal length. The f2.8 ended up making quite the difference. The lens quality is also superb, relative to the kit lens. The lens does not have optical steady shot so that can be annoying but it is easy to overcome it. I purchased the ultra wide converter and I love it. I use it mostly ...

pwmoree

Have been using it for 2 years. Interior shots are great. Good quality and very cheap. I got it foor 110 us$ on ebay.

I have been using the 16mm f/2.8 E-mount Sony lens for about two years now and for the latter year coupled with the great wide-angle adapter VCL-ECU1 that essentially converts the 16mm to 12mm. There are many detractors concerning this lens, however, few seem to account for the cost vs. performance. Basically, for less than 150$ one gets a 24mm equiv. (35mm format) wide-angle lens that is small, light weight and pocketable. Certainly, wide open at f/2.8, the optical performance shows ...

chanpion01

I really loved shooting with this because of how wide angle it is. a bit of distortion round the edges but great for when you are in the corner table of a restaurant and you are squeezed in the corner you can still shoot everything in the picture. i like the aperture. 2.8 so it has great low light performance. Problems: i would like it to be smaller so that it could fit in my pocket easier. i don't like looking like a tourist so i hide it in my pocket.