Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS

Announced Sep 12, 2012 •
Wideangle zoom lens | Sony E | SELP1650
HoustonTexan75

Great little zoom lens for shooting video on my Sony A6500. Sharp, lightweight, compact and perfect for use on a handheld gimbal like the Zhiyun Crane. The only drawback is noticeable vignetting at 16 & 17mm focal lengths when shooting still photos, but luckily the vignetting disappears when shooting video.

Sympa

My biggest gripe is that the lens does not remember the last zoom position. Overall IQ is very OK and the small size is great. AF is very fast.

Ugo78

Pro: sharp, lightweight, good focal range, small, inexpensive Cons: Bad flare resistance

Basic compact kit lens that lets me pocket my camera in my jacket, but which does benefit from a  little Lightroom adjustment.  It wasn't until I saw the RAW images, that I began to understand the magic of software.

Ray Maines

If used properly it's a great super small zoom lens.

I've had the Sony a6000 for a few weeks now and it's met all me expectations. The autofocus is fast and it tracks very well. The high ISO performance is almost a full stop better than the NEX 6. It processes very fast and the viewfinder has no lag. It has lots of customizable buttons and the grip is a big upgrade over the NEX 5r.The only let down is the kit lens. It isn't the best and it's okay for general purpose use. I did a nice group portrait with 24 people at 32mm, f/5 and the sharpness ...

chkugler

it`s a great lens. very small. i like it a lot! pictures: HERE

There are a lot of opinions on the quality of this lens. One problem I see is that many people do not understand or like that this lens was designed to be digitally corrected. This happens in JPEG format automatically but RAW is a DYI issue. If you look at the low distortion, light fall off and chromatic aberration with corrections on it's a really nice performing lens. This digital correction allows a less expensive lens design and in this digital world makes a lot of sense. If one can ...

zygh

I've used this lens for a few months and liked it but then it broke. While the start time is not instant, it is good enough. It takes about 2 seconds for the lens to be fully operational if retracted. From day one I felt a slight wobble in the lens. The feel of it is plastic and does not feel very sturdy. The optical quality on a corrected body such as the NEX 5N is quite good for a pancake zoom lens of its size. Sure, there are a few gripes one can make about it, but for its size and ...