Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P1

Announced Sep 12, 2000 •

Simple easy to use compact and nice looking. Great taking pictures outdoors. The only hitch with this camera, it take bad, I mean poor quality pics in low light conditions. I used to have a Mavica FD81 which is an old grandpa. I was able to take better quality pics in poor light conditions. Sony really need to work on making better flash for indoor pics.

This camera is easy to use. daylight shots is great. Problems: night shots no good

A great point and shoot camera especially for taking outdoor shots. I have used the camera for creating panorama shots and was very pleased with the results. The LCD is better than most other cameras I've come across, however the flash is more or less on the weak side. Problems: No manual controls. Poor quality night shots. View finder is very blurry for some reason.

After surfing the web for user's opinions, either Canon IXUS 300 or Sony DSC-P1. Finally made up my mind to get the Sony DSC-P1, as already own 1 Canon EOS 10 & IXUS II- APS. The is my very first digital camera & I love it! :-) Problems: So far so good, just that nite shot are not impressive.

For the last 20 years my camera was a Nikormat. My new digital camera is easy to use and makes very good pictures. I like its portability, image quality and the possibilities of digital technology, but I had to buy a bigger memory stick (64K, expensive) OK, everything is super and I enjoy the camera but, at the end, I continue to be in love with my Nikormat. Problems: Having a Windows Millennium I found a lot of problems installing the USB drivers, the CD always stopping in the middle of the ...

Having made only a couple of shots with this camera, my overall opinion is that it's a real joy to have. The reason for the average value for money is only due to the rather expensive price here in The Netherlands. Furthermore the memory stick is allmost useless. Problems: Non so far

I have been using for over a month. Picture quality is excellent- from 4x6 to 8x10 ((I haven't printed any larger). Low light not too great, need to anticipate action shots or you can miss them (other digital camera owners I've spoken with have indicated similar problem with digital shots). Very small and light weight with 3x zoom and 3.3megapixels ( I never use digital zoom), good battery life, not the greatest software. Ability to adjust flash intensity is a very good feature. Great LCD ...

Raymond

Stylish,compact,good image quality Problems: battery life!

I have a lot experience with digital cameras ( I have 4 cameras Epson 800 , Canon G1 and S100) and this one , and I can tell that this one have the best image quality of all. Is easy to use and in full automatic take great pictures. Is my favorite Problems: The flash is very week and the quality of night shoots is really poor. Memory stick is too small and it is necessary to buy a bigger one , extra battery and a cover

bob

Dennis Ip does not know what he is talking about. It is not a SLR camera, so no, hte pic will not be the same as what is in the viewfinder. And who in their right mind would want to use AA or AAA batteries in a digital camera?